OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I'm from Burton Ohio currently have 4 lavender Orpingtons and have 16 chicks on the way of different breeds :)
Hey! Are you looking to sell any pullets come spring? I'm in Concord and lost one to a hawk and need 3 to replace her. You know, chicken math. I'd rather not mail order if I don't have to.

Thanks for all the help Thankfully she's eating again so now I just hope she doesn't get to lonely until I can put her back with the other hens and it was about half way up on the one side down to the front but that piece came off so I'm still medicating it
How's your girl?

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I was just there myself :(
Very sad news. My first predator loss. My Big Boy tried to defend her but she got cornered. I'm devastated.
I'm sorry honey. I feel for you. Was just there myself :(
We got 15 x 45 poultry netting to cover their area. Couldn't stand to lose another.

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I was just there myself :(
I'm sorry honey. I feel for you. Was just there myself :(
We got 15 x 45 poultry netting to cover their area. Couldn't stand to lose another.

Thank You. I've been researching the cost to build better. Right now with just T posts holding fencing there isn't anything to attach any kind of roofing to. I was even looking at prefab carports so I could cover the frame in chicken wire.

Thank You. I've been researching the cost to build better. Right now with just T posts holding fencing there isn't anything to attach any kind of roofing to. I was even looking at prefab carports so I could cover the frame in chicken wire.
We've got their coop in a 12 x 15 dog area. Fence is only 5 ft high. For lack of building skills we just used a fence hole digger to put up taller posts at all 4 corners and then draped the netting over that. Not top notch but it has already stopped one more hawk attack!

We've got their coop in a 12 x 15 dog area. Fence is only 5 ft high. For lack of building skills we just used a fence hole digger to put up taller posts at all 4 corners and then draped the netting over that. Not top notch but it has already stopped one more hawk attack!

I found a carport for a good price that's 10' x 20' and 8' tall. My plan is use the frame and drape chicken wire up and over. Then connect the chicken wire to the existing fence. If that works out I'll have to post pictures.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom