OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

good idea. I'll try that tomorrow. This is tough but at least they are getting to know and deal with the younger girls.

We still have a crust of snow on the ground but they came out on their own for a while today. I gave them a few more treats to keep them interested. LOL My poor molting girls still don't have all their feathers. They grabbed goodies and ran for the coop. I'm happy if they stick their heads out for a little fresh air. The wind here is brutal cold.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FELLOW OHIOANS!!! Anybody looking to buy some Speckled Sussex pullets?? There is a guy in Caldwell, Ohio who has ten for sale. He wants to sell all 10 together for $100. I only want 4. Well, I only have room for 4. I would like more, but, oh well! Anyone interested in the other 6? Let me know!! Speckled Sussex is a good breed from what I've read.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FELLOW OHIOANS!!!  Anybody looking to buy some Speckled Sussex pullets?? There is a guy in Caldwell, Ohio who has ten for sale. He wants to sell all 10 together for $100. I only want 4. Well, I only have room for 4. I would like more, but, oh well! Anyone interested in the other 6? Let me know!! Speckled Sussex is a good breed from what I've read.

How old are they? I'm about 2 hrs from you. Would you be willing to pick up from Caldwell then meet maybe Akron area? Trying to talk to DBF into it. LOL

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FELLOW OHIOANS!!!  Anybody looking to buy some Speckled Sussex pullets?? There is a guy in Caldwell, Ohio who has ten for sale. He wants to sell all 10 together for $100. I only want 4. Well, I only have room for 4. I would like more, but, oh well! Anyone interested in the other 6? Let me know!! Speckled Sussex is a good breed from what I've read.

Are they LF or bantam? I'd love to have some bantam sussex.

The ad says the pullets are just starting to lay. I didn't ask the age when I called. I just asked if he split them up.
Here is a link to the ad.

http://zanesville.craigslist.org/grd/5890560551.html

I'm in Newcomerstown about 45 minutes from Caldwell and an hour from Akron and a little over an hour from the WV line. Also I'm not sure if they are LF or bantam. I will definitely ask that question as I want bantams also. Flying Nun Farm, I will be willing to get them and meet in Akron if you'll take 6. I can only take 4 and even 4 is causing a bit of an argument with " She who must be obeyed!"

Born and raised near Pataskala in SW Licking County. Always had chickens and geese in 4-H and FFA. I even took a job somewhat in the poultry industry now only as a Federal Inspector. Currently living in Fredericksburg, Virginia but will get back to Ohio someday. I am a Buckeye though always have been always will be. Its great to see so many Buckeyes on this site.
Is this who I think it is? Graduated in 1984?

I'm in Western Licking County as well.
good morning!! I'm in Licking Cty as well but close to Knox Cty line. Welcome:D how many chickens do you have? How old and how long have you been raising chickens?
We have 26 pullets; 4 girls taking a break for a week, 7 girls not laying at all yet (we had severe pecking issues & couple sniffly girls right now)
This is our first flock, got in April and May. Just finished up our numbers last week.

Back
Top Bottom