OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Help me find homes for these little fluffy butts! I have 3 chicks hatched 2/22/24. I've convinced myself they're all roosters. I'm not attached to these little ones(yet). I don't need anymore boys! Come get them before I become attached!
I also have a 10 month old silkie rooster I'm very attached to that needs a good home. His name is Pickles, he's a sweet boy and great with kids! I hate to part with him but it isn't fair to him that he doesn't have a flock anymore. He was separated from the others when he decided he is not friends with my big roo. As a result pickles is now missing face feathers. Poor man looks like a vulture. His feathers are growing back, he will be back to his fluffy self soon! He still visits his flock from outside the run when I'm with him. I know he deserves better. He would be happier with his own flock. All my chickens are pets that I absolutely adore so please don't respond if you plan to use them as food. You'd get more meat from a nugget. I would like 15$ for Pickles. The chicks can go free as long as they go to good homes.
located: preble county, OH

Attachments

• PXL_20240331_210715667.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240331_210715667.PORTRAIT.jpg
    971.9 KB · Views: 3
  • received_355178023968439.jpeg
    received_355178023968439.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 3
so tempting. Like you, I treat my flock as pets and not for food, hence, I am always willing to take in any hens/roos that need rehoming so that they can live out their lives. Figure out a good halfway point and we can work out the details. I am closer to Hopkins Airport in Cleveland.
Oh I'm relieved! 😅 I couldn't give them up if I knew they would be neglected or eaten. Especially Pickles. He's finally getting used to my forced cuddles. I tried convincing my husband we needed a house rooster but he wasn't having it. If I had the land I'd definitely do what you do. Thank you for taking in all the chickens that need homes!
According to Google maps Berkshire is the halfway point for both of us. It's about 118 miles for me. I don't want to pressure you into anything so you let me know what you decide. I'm more than willing to meet you in Berkshire.

Oh I'm relieved! 😅 I couldn't give them up if I knew they would be neglected or eaten. Especially Pickles. He's finally getting used to my forced cuddles. I tried convincing my husband we needed a house rooster but he wasn't having it. If I had the land I'd definitely do what you do. Thank you for taking in all the chickens that need homes!
According to Google maps Berkshire is the halfway point for both of us. It's about 118 miles for me. I don't want to pressure you into anything so you let me know what you decide. I'm more than willing to meet you in Berkshire.
Berkshire is doable. I have motorcycle chapters in Ashland, Columbus, Dayton, Miami Valley, Waverly, so I am all over the place.

We have 12 acres, but I have to keep my flocks under protective covering since we have hawks, golden eagles, and most recently, 2 bald eagles that fly overhead.

We can discuss date/time that works between the 2 of us..and possibly give you time to convince your hubby about that house rooster you've been dreaming about..hehe.

Berkshire is doable. I have motorcycle chapters in Ashland, Columbus, Dayton, Miami Valley, Waverly, so I am all over the place.

We have 12 acres, but I have to keep my flocks under protective covering since we have hawks, golden eagles, and most recently, 2 bald eagles that fly overhead.

We can discuss date/time that works between the 2 of us..and possibly give you time to convince your hubby about that house rooster you've been dreaming about..hehe.
So happy to read this my friends and know that the Roos are going to a great new home!!!! You are both very special people to look out for them and find them a good new home.

What's everyone doing, with their flocks, in preparation for the total lunar eclipse this Monday. Not sure what affects it would have on any of our livestocks' eyes...I seriously do not know. I guess it's best to keep everyone locked in their coops/indoors?

What's everyone doing, with their flocks, in preparation for the total lunar eclipse this Monday. Not sure what affects it would have on any of our livestocks' eyes...I seriously do not know. I guess it's best to keep everyone locked in their coops/indoors?
It's a solar eclipse, not a lunar. And I don't plan on doing anything different with my birds. They will probably just think the sun is going down and head into the coop. They won't care at all and won't even look at the sun

Back
Top Bottom