ok this takes the cake.....(venting)

fowler_chick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
South Western Kansas
ok i need to vent!!.....this is nothing against single parenthood at all just one person...I was a single parent for the first 9 years of my daughters life....a few months i listed a few items on the net to give away, it was anwsered by a very young single mom (pregnant with her sencond mistake as she claimed) a child is a blessing not a mistake to me....my son is 19 months so every thing he out grows goes to the garage and then given away...back to this young girl....shows up in a clunker that should of died years ago and very poorly dressed (some thing i would not be cought dead in at 5 month pregnant, more suitable for the red light area of town) she spends some times rumaging through what i have to give away...mentoning that most of it was junk and that i had waisted her time and gas money to drive all the way to my place.... she wanted to know if i had more....i do but not for her.....i need to keep my pack n play and baby gap clothes ...so thoses were up not up for grabs....then then suguested that i give her gas money so she could be on her ways.....i told her no and told her if she had a problem with that she could take it up with my husband at the sheriff dept (his work) with that she took off.
today i was thumbing through my e-mails when her name came up in one of the local want adds...so i read it...this is the most part that desturbs, she post the fact that she has nothing for a baby that is due in october and in the bottom of her posting..... she adds that she is in need of a docter to deliver her baby?........WHAT?.....no prenatal care? and this poor baby has to be deliverd by c-section?.......how can people go through a whoe pregnancy and not see a docter and hope to have a normal pregnancy?

those poor children!!, i have a friend who works with cps....i feel so sorry for her little girl and her unborn child....i'm toying with the ideal of my friend checking in on her.....i did save this girls home number...

I really wonder about that "looking for a doctor" thing. States are required to provide Medicaid funding to pregnant women whose family income is below a certain amount (http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MedicaidEligibility/03_MandatoryEligibilityGroups.asp). Medicaid would cover prenatal care and a necessary C-section, wouldn't it? Normally I'd think it was a scam, but if she was getting it free anyway, why would she be trying to scam someone? Maybe she doesn't know. It doesn't sound like she would appreciate the help anyway, but I do feel bad for the kids.

Thats so disturbing..those poor children.
sad.png
And yes! Have your friend check in on her, please. For the kids sake..

Sometimes it seems too ironic... one needs a test and a license to drive a car, yet no pre-requisite for the most important job on Earth, motherhood. Seems like there should be a pre-test...

Quote:
When I lost my job, so did my insurance and YES Medicaid DO pay for those services AND the C section as well. Been there and done it and glad it was there for me to use.

I think it is an attention getter so people would give her what she needs. If she made the second mistake with her unborn baby, it tells alot of what she would be like.

At least you did a smart thing about refusing to give her money. It is most likely she would have gotten food stamps!

Sounds like a scam to me. If she thought your free stuff was junk, yet has nothing.....I would say she is looking for expensive handouts and additional $$$......Scam

Back
Top Bottom