Okay, Coop Is Finished! Whaddya think? *PICS*

You said hard board wall covering for easy cleanning what is it made from? Your coop looks great. Me and my hb are retrofiting building. Gloria Jean

Fantastic job. I love the doorway and the ramp down to the run. The run makes me ask two questions though.

1) It is tall for chickens, but no more than a crawl space for humans. How do you plan on cleaning and maintaining the run? You can check out my coop. Mine has two, eight foot by four foot runs that are four foot high. Cleaning or working in my runs is a big problem for me. It gets quickly cramped and uncomfortable and I'm redoing them to be human height.

2) With the building above it, your run looks kind of dark. Do your chickens get sufficient light? Its my understanding that chickens need a certain amount of light to lay eggs. Do you think this will be a potential issue?

Riki

I just bought some of the solid bubble look plastic that goes behind tubs. It would have been super expensive 33.00 dollars a sheet but they had some with imperfections in it i got a bunch cheaper. They told me the board when and if it get wet would crumble and this will not. I will use the smooth side out and bubble finish side toward the wall to make cleanning easier. I like to spray mine with a disinfectant like Vikron-S about twice a yr. Thanks Gloria Jean

Thanks. I made them out of cedar and a piece of bead board plywood. I cut the frames out of the cedar and glued and screwed the bead board to the back.

I wish I knew about screws sooner .. it sure is much easier. Once I get everything finished, I think sometime down the road I'm going to go back and redo all my doors

Fantastic job. I love the doorway and the ramp down to the run. The run makes me ask two questions though.

1) It is tall for chickens, but no more than a crawl space for humans. How do you plan on cleaning and maintaining the run? You can check out my coop. Mine has two, eight foot by four foot runs that are four foot high. Cleaning or working in my runs is a big problem for me. It gets quickly cramped and uncomfortable and I'm redoing them to be human height.

2) With the building above it, your run looks kind of dark. Do your chickens get sufficient light? Its my understanding that chickens need a certain amount of light to lay eggs. Do you think this will be a potential issue?

Riki

Yes underneath is very low but it is dirt and Im not sure how much cleaning I will be doing. Yes it is shady down there but daylight is daylight. I think they know the difference since they go inside at dusk.

They also go up and down the ramp frequently and into the coop so they get light a lot.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom