***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Yay!
ya.gif

Quote:

Quote:
My water heater crapped out this summer and I considered buying a new one but the cheapest I could find was about $300. The tankless heaters are great but cost over $500. I bought a rebuild kit that cost about $36 and the hex socket to remove the elements that was about $7. I also had to replace the copper water intact that was $16 and installed a shut off valve with pipe dope and everything $10. All said I spent less then $70. Water heater works great, I did not have to pull it out to dispose of it. Plus it was quite a feeling of accomplishment to do something like that all by myself.
As long as the tank does not have a leak they can be rebuilt. Fortunately mine was only 5 years old and yes it is a Whirlpool.

we found a rheem tankless for $300, although that is a smaller one, it depends on how big you need

I found bunches of tankless on e-bay last night and didn't think the prices were terrible. Found a pretty nice one for $399, free shipping AND by buying online I don't have to pay the sales tax. Also did some research on good brands and didn't find the lowes brand on any of the lists, so I'll be steering clear of them reguardless of what I decide to do. Called whirlpool this morning and new parts are on the way, hopefully I'll at least have hot water while I research the tankless issue.
big_smile.png
I did find several of the point of use tanks for a little over $100... might just do some of those while I'm at it. My hot water tank isn't really located in the best spot anyway, sits in the middle of the house while most of the hot water usage is about 20' away.

Here is my wifes newest Serama pair i just managed to acquire for her. They should get here Wednesday.
63027_tribblepair3.jpg

She also has another silkied trio, two black gold females that look like the above pullet, and a real nice Silkied black tailed buff cock i found for her, via Mike.

Quote:
ok, now those are just adorable!! Gonna have to request that the serama pic posting cease before I have to have some too! My chicken motel is full for the winter.. must stop looking at pics...
caf.gif

Quote:
ok, now those are just adorable!! Gonna have to request that the serama pic posting cease before I have to have some too! My chicken motel is full for the winter.. must stop looking at pics...
caf.gif

I am going to build my wife two or three hutches, 3 foot by 4 foot, and install a thermostat controlled heat bulb in them in case thus winter gets bad again. Also going to fence in the area underneath the hutch, and ad a ramp, so on good weather they can get out and dust, eat grass, etc. My wife is crazy about her little ball type silkied seramas, and would be devastated if something happened to them, one hen in particular.

Last edited:
Quote:
Reading in an old Poultry mag last night. Suggests running med chick started thru a blender or coffee grinder to make the crumb size small enough for the Seramas and baby bantams at least fr the first two weeks or so. Sounds like a good idea. They will waste the big crumbs trying to find the ones small enough to eat.

Back
Top Bottom