***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I guess I'm going to have to get some tougher skin....my 4 week old chickens pecked my favorite chickens eye out. I'm so sad. I have no idea if she will make it or not. I have her seperated and moved her to the garage for the time being. I wasn't expecting something like this only having chickens for a month. Now I don't even want to look at them!
That is horrible,
hugs.gif
What breed are they??

That is horrible,
hugs.gif
What breed are they??
I have three sex links and two Polish. My silver laced polish is the injured one and I suspect the other Polish is the culprit though I'm not certain. I have a feeling the non injured Polish might possibly be a cockerel but I'm not positive yet.

I have three sex links and two Polish. My silver laced polish is the injured one and I suspect the other Polish is the culprit though I'm not certain. I have a feeling the non injured Polish might possibly be a cockerel but I'm not positive yet.
Wow, that is a breed people generally don't think of as being overly aggressive.

ever have one of those days...monday through and through... hubby got up, the big chickens were out running free, one of the mamas was in the bantam run being chased by the bantam cochin roo, the guineas are hovering on the porch hoping i''ll let mama guinea out, worked more on the bantam run, want to plant something that will cover it to make shade, hubby comes home from the store and i had to go out and get the frontline for one of the dogs who is chewing himself raw, afternoon, i go out to feed and water, the bantam faverolles decide to go for a run, i grab them put them away, look out and half the bantams are out running loose with the big chickens.... there is a comotion under the porch, the ducks have cornered one of the mamas and chicks, the bantam roo is trying to help.... and then the bantam mama Dragon is ready for some me time, hops out to join the chaos, and baby is chirping frantically.... sheesh!!!

and the funny of the day...a couple teens were facinated with that rock with legs!

i'm too tired to catchup tonite...

Hello everybody, I used to be on BYC years ago, been raising chickens in town for about 6 years now. I posted in the "newbies" thread, but thought I would here also. I have a friend that is looking for baby chicks to buy in Oklahoma. We live in the NE part of the state, Bartlesville area. I checked the auction threads, but not a whole lot going on up around here. There used to be an auction on Saturdays in Collinsville, near Claremore.....does anyone know about it? or other places to get baby chicks this time of year??? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom