***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Me either!
Here I will share some pics of my fluffy butts to distract us from the fact that we can't get anymore yet LOL!

BigMama (Buff Orp)

Jack and Icey!

RIR in her pretty apron!

Dancer (EE) the reason the girls are in aprons!!!

Aunt PittyPat (L Brahma)

My lovely flock!
I'm not there either so thanks much for the intro. to your birds. :)
I did get to, with help, separate my friend and neighbors roosters tonight. We put the keepers in their own breeding pen and their girls will arrive soon. Several nice birds are going to Blanchard auction tomorrow night - 2 nice blue Ameraucana cockerels, two Wheaten marans cockerels and two pair of Lakenvelders.

I have 8 gold-laced Brahma chicks for sale from Cedar Ridge Farm, Dan Powell lines. In Broken Arrow :)

Last edited:
I now have close to 40 chicks in my house and my husband is about to kill me because of the smell. Anyone put their babies on pine chips at a few days old? I usually use paper towels but unexpectedly 16 chicks (that I hatched for a friend) are stayin for a little while and I'm not set up for all these babies ( as far as smell goes lol).
I train my chicks to drink from a rabbit type waterer. A lot less messy water and less stink.

HELP!

Was just washing my bird butts for the show and my best hen has quite a bit of 'fluid' in her behind. It is below her vent. She is eating and pooping normally and does not seem to be unhealthy. I am not sure if she is laying. I checked another hen, she had a bony butt, then a third, she had a puffy fluid filled butt, and a fourth...

It looks ugyl! But with more than one having it, and me only seeing this when they butts are wet. Is this a normal thing? Is there something wrong with her? Can she be shown? UUGGGGHHHHH!
barnie.gif

Is that like the dump where you have to have proof of id living in Tulsa to use it? We live in the county but not in Tulsa.

It is free to pick up but if you aren't a Tulsa address it does cost to dump branches etc. If your address shows Tulsa (even if you are out of city limits) you are good.

I have 8 gold-laced Brahma chicks for sale from Cedar Ridge Farm, Dan Powell lines. In Broken Arrow
smile.png

I saw your ad on Craigslist and have been THINKING.... I had a gold-laced brahma pair and lost the girl. Not sure if I want to get more and fill out the breed or just sell him... Hm.

Here is a pic.

Was it all caked with white stinky poo, and does the skin look red and raw? I'm guessing gleet. The treatment is ACV in the water and some plain yogurt twice a day. I've heard of using Monistat and a gloved finger as gleet is a yeast infection but I haven't tried that method yet...
he was a special boy from Junebug- roos are precious dads

Awe!!!

Back
Top Bottom