***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Sure is nice weather today. The chickens have been ranging over about 5 acres around the barn...don't know what they are finding but the hens are running to any rooster that makes the treat call.
We have a contractor with a dozer and a back hoe working on two of our ponds and making a dam for a new pond this weekend. They are fast! All in knowing how to operate the equipment.

yes I am here > I have been on ebay to try and win some eggs. I got a few and hoping I can now hatch them. Thank you for asking about me. i will be on this site alot and enjoy it. I first joined the site in 2008 and have come on it from time to time. All the old breeders are gone now so I'll have to learn some new one

Does anybody know if there's anywhere in the Tulsa area to buy those cup shaped nipple type waterer heads? Georgina just can't get her head turned up and around to drink from the standard nipple waterer. I just need one for now to make a waterer, and I can order some more.

Sure is nice weather today. The chickens have been ranging over about 5 acres around the barn...don't know what they are finding but the hens are running to any rooster that makes the treat call.
We have a contractor with a dozer and a back hoe working on two of our ponds and making a dam for a new pond this weekend. They are fast! All in knowing how to operate the equipment.
Yes; not only ponds go in quickly, they can build good road beds, and pads for gas and oil rigs fast too. Makes one wonder why the highway crews take forever to patch a stretch of highway, and then have to redo their mistakes.

Does anybody know if there's anywhere in the Tulsa area to buy those cup shaped nipple type waterer heads? Georgina just can't get her head turned up and around to drink from the standard nipple waterer. I just need one for now to make a waterer, and I can order some more.

I was wondering this morning how she was doing. Any signs of improvements?

I've probably got some laying around collecting dust somewhere... I tried them once but got tired of teaching each new batch of chicks how to peck the lever. Let me see if I can find them in the next few days. They are this kind: http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/pets...erer-drink-fount-drinker-cup_120955768367.jpg

Yes; not only ponds go in quickly, they can build good road beds, and pads for gas and oil rigs fast too. Makes one wonder why the highway crews take forever to patch a stretch of highway, and then have to redo their mistakes.

lau.gif

Last edited:
I have a strangle bird from my mid nov hatch. I thought maybe it was just a banty mix from @bardies. It feathered really slow and the feathers have always been kinda stuck out. Not so much frizzle but just not against the body. The feathers on the back have never came in and the skin is really tough. It's always been active so I never worried. Yesterday all my garage chickens were moved outside to the new coop.
1f64f.png
1f64f.png
1f64f.png
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
(I was over all the dust!) my husband said it seemed lethargic. Today it was huddled by itself asleep I have brought it in. Not sure about stool yet but here are some pics. I will start dewormer and dust for mites. Any ideas? Here are some pics.
[/IMG]

We are having great progress on the new pond with two bulldozers! The pond is in a natural draw that runs towards the pond in the next pasture where the cows are eating hay. There will be a wide stretch between the dam and the pasture fence although it looks too close in this picture.

The finished pond will be about 12 feet deep at the dam which will be wide enough to drive across.
And it is about 1/4 mile from the house which is to the far right in this photo.

I have a strangle bird from my mid nov hatch. I thought maybe it was just a banty mix from @bardies . It feathered really slow and the feathers have always been kinda stuck out. Not so much frizzle but just not against the body. The feathers on the back have never came in and the skin is really tough. It's always been active so I never worried. Yesterday all my garage chickens were moved outside to the new coop.
1f64f.png
1f64f.png
1f64f.png
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
(I was over all the dust!) my husband said it seemed lethargic. Today it was huddled by itself asleep I have brought it in. Not sure about stool yet but here are some pics. I will start dewormer and dust for mites. Any ideas? Here are some pics.
[/URL]

My first treatment plan would be deworm and treat for cocci. Lethargic, puffed up, and sleepy are classic cocci symptoms- bloody stools I'd say only about 60% of the time. This is kind of a failure to thrive situation and if my guess is correct if you can't turn him around in about a week he's probably done for.

Back
Top Bottom