***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I would love to have some peafowl if i had a safe place for them but the would likely to be kill there a lot of coyotes here. I have a question do they fly very high? like could they fly over a fence.

Last edited:
I would love to have some peafowl if i had a safe place for them but the would likely to be kill there a lot of coyotes here.  I have a question do they fly very high? like could they fly over a fence.

8' flat footed. Mine don't free range! I have a pen which is covered by chicken wire. I have a problem with coins and opossums!

Ok so I am a little confused. I thought I had ordered a gallon of Oxine for disinfect my incubators and hatcher. What I got was this: a gallon jug marked 'Oxine Sanitizer Disinfectant' and two packets marked 'revival animal health non toxic rinse any leakage with water' with no instructions for usage. Does anyone have the instructions or know what the packets are for?

Are the packs the citric acid used to activate the oxine? Careful, if so, when mixed the oxine will produce nasty gas which can be harmful to people and animals. Google activated oxine.

-Kathy

Lol now I feel really silly, but to answer my own stupid question above: those are the gel packs they taped to the jug to cushion it against breakage during shipping. I had to call the company to get that information, but I did find out that I need either some Oxine activator crystals or some food grade citric acid crystals to use the Oxine sooooo ..... I still can't use it.

Lol now I feel really silly, but to answer my own stupid question above: those are the gel packs they taped to the jug to cushion it against breakage during shipping. I had to call the company to get that information, but I did find out that I need either some Oxine activator crystals or some food grade citric acid crystals to use the Oxine sooooo ..... I still can't use it.
That's true. It's worthless without the citric acid crystals. People use that stuff almost always withOUT the crystals and they're just giving themselves a false sense of security.

Quote:

I am so happy to find this thread... I'm about to burst lol

Welcome!!!

Ok so I am a little confused. I thought I had ordered a gallon of Oxine for disinfect my incubators and hatcher. What I got was this: a gallon jug marked 'Oxine Sanitizer Disinfectant' with no instructions for usage. Does anyone have the instructions?
Glad you figured out the packing packets.
Now for Oxine:
This first is an advertisement with lots of info on Oxine showing how to use the citric acid with the Oxine
http://www.atozvetsupply.com/OXINE-p/40-oxine.htm

This is an article by a woman who uses Oxine on her flock, etc with measurements for each use.
http://www.shagbarkbantams.com/oxine.htm
After re-reading this article, I think I will fog the brooder room and the hen house with the Oxine/citric acid method. I have not used the CA with oxine but think it may be helpful. It certainly cant hurt when the weather is nice enough for the birds to be outside while fogging.

I was having internet issues the other day, so if I post this twice, forgive me.

The Skiatook TSC has mottled Java chicks!

This is an article by a woman who uses Oxine on her flock, etc with measurements for each use.
http://www.shagbarkbantams.com/oxine.htm
After re-reading this article, I think I will fog the brooder room and the hen house with the Oxine/citric acid method. I have not used the CA with oxine but think it may be helpful. It certainly cant hurt when the weather is nice enough for the birds to be outside while fogging.

This is the article I follow with the Oxine, too. I don't use the CA. I mainly use it to disinfect hatching eggs and incubators, not so much in the coops.

Back
Top Bottom