***OKIES in the BYC III ***

you could feed it to animals, but its also for human to eat and use. the whole tree has uses. you should look it up. it sounds pretty amazing! the only bad thing is its tropical. but it says you can plant them as perennials

you could feed it to animals, but its also for human to eat and use. the whole tree has uses. you should look it up. it sounds pretty amazing! the only bad thing is its tropical. but it says you can plant them as perennials
i m always afraid of introducing an invasive species so being that it is tropical. might be a plus i did look it up that is why ask what you would feed the chickens because it said you could feed the leaves to cattle. so it thought maybe you could feed them to chickens too.

Nanakat, or anyone else are you going to try and grow moringa? I think I am going to try, been trying to find info about growing them as perinials or ways to maybe protect some of the trees through our winter. Since they have a large tap root I am doubtful that digging them up and overwintering in the house would work, but maybe worth a try. My other two ideas were to take cuttings in the fall and overwintering the cuttings in the house, the other was to cut the tree back to 3 foot (some sites said you could do this in the fall) then stack hay bales all around.

Hi Fellow Okies,
I am hoping someone can tell me if the Harrah Auction is going on tonight and at what time. I have lots of roosters that need new homes.
Thanks for any help!
smile.png

Shellie

Kass, Our 5acre farm has ordered seed and so did I. There are two species and I bought both in a package deal.
I bought seeds yesterday too. Going to give it a try. Are you going to try to overwinter some how? I'm assuming you are planting next spring right?

Some progress I made yesterday. Those 18.5ft sheets of 24g steal are freaking heavy! I dont think I did to bad seeing how I did all off it by my self, not counting that I had to drag each piece about 100yards to the coop. I still have a lot to do but its getting there.

Back
Top Bottom