***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Oh No! Don, did the dog get any other pens? What about you show birds?

Ksane~ They are heartless!!! At least I am not the only one that can see it. LOL
gig.gif

Don~ So sorry to hear that!!

KY~ Just a thought but you might try a little scrambled egg if she even acts like she might eat.

Don't they have a wolf rescue program there in Julian? When I was stationed there back in the day - I remember going to Julian in the winter for some pie and a bit of colder more Christmas like weather.

Originally Posted by lonnyandrinda
Ya'll have fun judging Jumonji-but he said to tell you to sleep with one eye open
cool.png

My husband makes fun of me all the time because I name my mixes that I hatch after the 1st letter in the name of the parent that's my favorite. This boy is Jumonji and his twin brother is Jordan. Their dad was James-my huge Faverolles boy I got at the Newcastle auction 2 yrs ago, he had belonged to Scooter from the auction. I loved James soooo much, one of the best roosters I ever had. I still have his hen but he died this past spring. I was crushed. Did you ever have a bird you'd give 1/2 your other birds to have back? That's why I love hatching babies from my favorites. I have a little piece of James here in 3 different roosters.
All 3 of my own eggs in the 10-egg Brinsea hatched! I love these Brinsea incubators. The 2 that hatched last night are 1/2 Silkie and 1/2 (tailed) Araucana (1 is double-tufted, black). What's so cool is one of the chicks is a back fuzzball with double-tufts plus a beard lol! OMG it's going to be the most adorable thing. I guess he got his beard from his Silkie dad.

Don, I'm so sorry about your birds.It's times like these that I wish I had good enough quality birds that I could just give you some of what you lost to make up for it. I know nothing will make up for birds you raised yourself and put time and breeding into, hugs will have to do
hugs.gif

Originally Posted by artsyrobin he DOES!!!
yeah, that how i am about captain, my cochin roo, he never ruffled the lady of his intentions, and when free ranging woul be on guard and even chase the guinea that got too close- i have a few of his chicks, but he was a wonderful boy, someday i may get another like him- maybe if mj has one i might consider it...
hit.gif

yeah, that how i am about captain, my cochin roo, he never ruffled the lady of his intentions, and when free ranging woul be on guard and even chase the guinea that got too close- i have a few of his chicks, but he was a wonderful boy, someday i may get another like him- maybe if mj has one i might consider it...:hit [/quote] Yes, I remember you talking about Captain a a lot. I get attached to your birds just through stories about them, that's what a sap i am :-/ I had some black Cochin bantam chicks from MJ, way cool cuz I'd always wanted some of her Cochin bantams. They must've gotten something from the auction because only 1 made it. But he was beautiful. Only about 3 months old when a freaking SNAKE killed him. I'd always brought babies back inside at night from their daytime outdoor pen back then. I was late bringing them in and it'd been dark about 30 minutes, the snake was probably just laying there waiting for dark. MJ, you have some wonderful Cochins :)

Did you ever have a bird you'd give 1/2 your other birds to have back? That's why I love hatching babies from my favorites. I have a little piece of James here in 3 different roosters.
I have had three that I would probably give a portion of my flock up to have them back. The first two are Gregory Peck I and Gregory Peck II both LF cochins. Gregory I was a golden laced I got at Fletcher auction. He was old and blind in one eye but the sweetest roo. Gregory II was a splash and was just as sweet as his predecessor. The third was an EE hen named Trinity. She would follow me around, talking to me and when I sat down in my coop chair she would jump on to my leg so I could pet her. All three were killed in various dog attacks I have had since buying this place. I miss all three of them very much...

Thanks Ksane been breeding my welsummers sixteen years , was going to show these at Shawnee show Dec.

I wish you all the luck with the ones you do end up entering :hugs

Did you ever have a bird you'd give 1/2 your other birds to have back? That's why I love hatching babies from my favorites. I have a little piece of James here in 3 different roosters. 

I have had three that I would probably give a portion of my flock up to have them back. The first two are Gregory Peck I and Gregory Peck II both LF cochins. Gregory I was a golden laced I got at Fletcher auction. He was old and blind in one eye but the sweetest roo. Gregory II was a splash and was just as sweet as his predecessor. The third was an EE hen named Trinity. She would follow me around, talking to me and when I sat down in my coop chair she would jump on to my leg so I could pet her. All three were killed in various dog attacks I have had since buying this place. I miss all three of them very much... 

I got 2 Gold Laced Cochins a month or so ago that are only about 5-6 months old now, they're really big & I only got 2 because she was giving them away (mostly boys in the hatch). If they continue getting so big you may want one of them for your breeding program, they look like they could be a 'Gregory'. Such heavily feathered legs it looks like they're walking on mops. They've changed a lot just since I got them so who knows how they'll turn out.

Back
Top Bottom