***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Well I have heeded everyone's advice regarding wind and warmth for the little ameraucanas. They have been outside in the dog run with the dog igloo and a heated light since Sunday night. Sunday my DIL taught me how to wrap a dog run made out of chain length fence with plastic sheeting. (geez what a job) Great wind blocker and warm. Just butted up a rabbit cage to the front of the igloo and put blanket on top of the rabbit pen at night. They all seem happy and well, so far.

I so enjoy reading the threads and learning as I go. Keep up the pics, love all the cutie pie chicks, both big and little :)

My condolences to the members that have passed on and to their families as well.

Good Morning Buster!!  

What are you doing these days???  What are you butchering to eat now a days?

Hey, Sooner! We are growing out 6 turkeys and 45 broilers that are due for freezer camp in abt 3 weeks. Looking tasty already!

I heard from Mike D someone is looking for processing lessons. Whoever it is, shoot me a pm.

Do we have a mailing address for Lou? :(((
No, not yet. I know they live in Lexington but do not know the address. Doc sent a message to Keith's son to see if we can get the address. Lou does not live that far from us.

Do you guys ever have quilting bees? I've been picking up more and more hobbies based on what my grandmother did as a course of her day. I've been wanting to learn how to quilt, but nobody in my circle of friends does this kind of stuff.

Of course, the good thing about being the only person who does it is that they all love my jelly!
I like to embroidery all the women in my family were fabulous at needlepoint and I am pretty good. Just do not have time to for those things so much anymore...

Those silkies! Everyone is posting pictures! I MUST NOT WANT! No nonononono.... I will not want another breed. I will not add another breed to my list of "have to have". Ugh. Forget it. I want a silkie now.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I think I read somewhere that if you have one that the other non silkie breeds will pluck the feathers. Is that true? Maybe I read that wrong... Oh my gosh I hope it is wrong because I can't resist the balls of fluff!!!
When I first got into chickens I was the same way. Over the years I think I have every kind of fancy chicken breed possible but over the years I found my favorites are LF cochins and ameraucanas. Still like other chickens but have finally settled for the ones that make me the most happy and serve the purpose I need them too. :)

I'm going to test my luck to see if its a small world after all......

I'm looking for a heavy punching bag stand. Anyone have son or man of the house that has left a heavy bag stand forgotten and unused taking up precious space?
I read that wrong... My brain thought you were asking for a spare son or man (who is taking up too much precious space) to use in place of a bag stand.
hide.gif
. I wasn't able to go to Donna's gathering: life overwhelmed he here on the farm. Please keep the cage you transported the ducks in as a "thank you" for pleasant conversation and future chicken chats. I have too few adult chicken friends, so I go into withdrawals when my husband and non-chicken friends give me the stink eye for talking about egg production or the finer points of coop cleaning when the information has not been directly solicited. Bless you for allowing me to bend your ear.

I read that wrong... My brain thought you were asking for a spare son or man (who is taking up too much precious space) to use in place of a bag stand.  :oops:  .  I wasn't able to go to Donna's gathering: life overwhelmed he here on the farm.  Please keep the cage you transported the ducks in as a "thank you" for pleasant conversation and future chicken chats.  I have too few adult chicken friends, so I go into withdrawals when my husband and non-chicken friends give me the stink eye for talking about egg production or the finer points of coop cleaning when the information has not been directly solicited.  Bless you for allowing me to bend your ear.

ROFL....oh Coral that was a good one.

Thank you for gifting me the cage. I love the chicken chatter so anytime.

Those silkies! Everyone is posting pictures! I MUST NOT WANT! No nonononono.... I will not want another breed. I will not add another breed to my list of "have to have". Ugh. Forget it. I want a silkie now.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I think I read somewhere that if you have one that the other non silkie breeds will pluck the feathers. Is that true? Maybe I read that wrong... Oh my gosh I hope it is wrong because I can't resist the balls of fluff!!!
My Showgirl is in with our Buff bantam Cochin pair and they treat her as if she is one of them. She and the hen nest together, sharing eggs, and the roo is very protective of them both. All together they are my chick brooders.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

i have two silkies in with my polish and they don't pluck the silkies.

lost the little showgirl chick darn! But another hatchling today and the last egg next week

for those that are considering sillkies- be warned! They are VEEEEERRRRRYYY addicting!

I would let this little month-old silkie go for $5 if anyone was interested. The roo it came from was from Bobbi Porto. I just want to hold out for a showgirl.

I thought this pic was funny, trying to smile for the camera!

Anyone with Ameraucanas think there is hope this splash chick may be a pullet? It's comb is looking pink to me but the other chicks it's with that I'm sure are pullets are a little pink, too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom