***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I'm not there either.
hugs.gif

hit.gif
Everyone is playing at the auction but me.

I'm wasn't at the action. I was hard at work earning money to pay for chicken feed. lol. I wish I was there.

Me either!
Here I will share some pics of my fluffy butts to distract us from the fact that we can't get anymore yet LOL!

My lovely flock!

I love your flock. I have to ask. What is the thing with the tractor tires hanging? What did you recycle the tires into?

Today is beautiful. We are going to be outside for a few hrs working in the garden. Hubby is giving the truck an oil change and he will attempt to change the spark plugs. Attempt. Our truck has one spark plug that is pretty hard to get to and stubborn to turn. Last time he tried to change the spark plugs he had to take it into the shop to finish it. Of course... they wouldn't just change the one spark plug, they would only do a complete plugs and wire change and charged us a pretty penny.
he.gif

I work this afternoon. Sigh. It is the nice days like this that make it really tempting to call in sick so I can play outside all day. but that would be wrong wouldn't it?? ;)

Even though we didn't make it to Coweta last night, we did get some new chicks. @Kyzmette was very kind and gave us two of her chicks on the way to the auction.

These are unsexed so they are going to be mystery chicks. :) but my kids love them already. Thank you Kyzmette! You are too kind.

Have a blessed day all!

If they turn out to be boys we'll just swap them out for girls. I told Bumpers to only lay girl eggs, but she does have a mind of her own. :/

I love your flock. I have to ask. What is the thing with the tractor tires hanging? What did you recycle the tires into?
That pic is in our boys play yard (the Husband HATES it when I let them roam LOL). A few years ago my husband proposed a "tire tower" I had my concerns but it turned out pretty great! We haven't moved up the top tower yet as the boys are a bit small, we will probably do that this year!!! We have three boys, 11 nieces/nephews and they all love it!!!!

Had a fabulous time at the auction with Dusti, Coral and Cheryl tonight! Didnt get to spend a lot of time with Cheryl, but she was too busy buying my Silkies.
wink.png

When it's warmer I'll bring my granddaughters; they're 3 and 6, so they'll be a great match for yours, Cheryl.

Cathie Sue, we missed you there!
Lots of BYC folks at the auction. I was cold and wore a red jacket over my bright yellow shirt. Sorry if that made it harder to find me. Lots and lots of birds Friday. Large consignment of high-quality bantams took up half the sale.

Cheryl and Kyzmette (Dusti, you can share mine : ) : My granddaughters would love a chicken play date. It would have to be the Coweta sale rather than Checota. I would love to take photos of the kids as they walk the isles looking at turkeys, ducks, geese, chickens, and guineas (and peafowl!). If Friday, March 21st, is the next Coweta sale, we could bring chairs and get a good spot. I can go in early since we'll be on spring break. I bought two chairs at the sale last night (one for each granddaughter???), but no chickens. I wonder if bringing grandkids to a sale increases one's chances of buying lyon-head bunnies.

Last edited:
Had a fabulous time at the auction with Dusti, Coral and Cheryl tonight! Didnt get to spend a lot of time with Cheryl, but she was too busy buying my Silkies.
wink.png

When it's warmer I'll bring my granddaughters; they're 3 and 6, so they'll be a great match for yours, Cheryl.

Cathie Sue, we missed you there!
It was great to see you all! I think if I leave my husband at home with the kids I will be able to visit with you all. I didn't know it but Rinda was right next to me. Next time it would be fun to have your grandgirls! My daughter (with the messy hair and cheeto mess clothes) is 4 and my son is 8. My oldest was at a church event. She's 11. She is the reason we have bantams. Silkies are her obsession.

Rinda, I am SO sorry! I thought that was you but I saw you once and your hair was pulled back this time so I wasn't totally sure. I didn't want to be the stranger who asks someone "hey are you...?" Wish I did. I got to talk to your husband a little before we all left. That's when I had the Ah ha moment and realized it was you. You have beautiful children!

Lots of BYC folks at the auction. I was cold and wore a red jacket over my bright yellow shirt. Sorry if that made it harder to find me. Lots and lots of birds Friday. Large consignment of high-quality bantams took up half the sale.

Cheryl and Kyzmette (Dusti, you can share mine : ) : My granddaughters would love a chicken play date. It would have to be the Coweta sale rather than Checota. I would love to take photos of the kids as they walk the isles looking at turkeys, ducks, geese, chickens, and guineas (and peafowl!). If Friday, March 21st, is the next Coweta sale, we could bring chairs and get a good spot. I can go in early since we'll be on spring break. I bought two chairs at the sale last night (one for each granddaughter???), but no chickens. I wonder if bringing grandkids to a sale increases one's chances of buying lyon-head bunnies.
Bring them! My kids would have a lot of fun! We bought only 3 chickens but got a rabbit box and a collapsible crate which will come in handy when I take the next batch of chickens to auction. It will be awhile but oh well. At least my cochin cockerels and Splash Marans cockerels went. It breaks my heart to part with my marans boys since I hatched and raised them but I had to let them go. Oh, and our last auction was when we came home with a lion head bunny and some short hair breed bunny. It increased our chance after our 4 yr old gave Daddy those big brown eyes and batted them a few times.

how do you candle porous eggs??? candled mine and can't tell if they are growing or not, tossed one thinking nothing was happening, it cracked and had veins!
he.gif

I may have to take the day off for the next Coweta auction.
I might meet you there Coral. . I'm going to have birds to sell unless someone here snaps the up first. Got a small Brinsea. Excited about putting some sfh in to hatch. Bee u ti full day.

Back
Top Bottom