***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I'm sorry I had to rush you out like that. I'm happy to hear that the new chicks have become part of the group without too much fussing. I'm interested in how your project turns out. Keep us posted.

The air conditioning tech just left (3+ hours). The good news is that he found the break in the wiring by the heat pump that's outside, and fixed it, so now both units are communicating with the computer board that controls everything, and we're comfortable again.

Good news about your air. We still haven't heard back from our air guy.

They are all outside enjoying the sun and fresh dirt. Sun bathing and dirt bathing. The two bigger ones are a bit lazier, but those two smaller ones are running, jumping and hunting for food just like the "real" chicks (lol lol lol) They weren't entirely sure about fermented grains, but the NN chicks will teach them!

Last edited:
Good news about your air. We still haven't heard back from our air guy.

They are all outside enjoying the sun and fresh dirt. Sun bathing and dirt bathing. The two bigger ones are a bit lazier, but those two smaller ones are running, jumping and hunting for food just like the "real" chicks (lol lol lol) They weren't entirely sure about fermented grains, but the NN chicks will teach them!

I turned off the heat lamps and put a fan in the big brooder house around noon. The EEs were unfazed by the increased temperature, but the CC were starting to complain. I think I'll get some sunblock fabric and make a canopy over the roof and west side of that metal building.

The crunchy chick is standing and walking around on his own. I brought a bandaid and a teacup to the shop, but he ran from me, and then challenged my hand, so he's not going to need a splint after all. Rooster, no doubt : ( The other two were gone by noon. Late hatching chicks are too fragile. I cleaned the incubator and disinfected it. One of the unhatched eggs was a stink bomb, and it exploded with a "Bang!" when I dumped the shells onto the compost pile. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm glad it didn't pop while it was inside the incubator.

I turned off the heat lamps and put a fan in the big brooder house around noon. The EEs were unfazed by the increased temperature, but the CC were starting to complain. I think I'll get some sunblock fabric and make a canopy over the roof and west side of that metal building.

The crunchy chick is standing and walking around on his own. I brought a bandaid and a teacup to the shop, but he ran from me, and then challenged my hand, so he's not going to need a splint after all. Rooster, no doubt : ( The other two were gone by noon. Late hatching chicks are too fragile. I cleaned the incubator and disinfected it. One of the unhatched eggs was a stink bomb, and it exploded with a "Bang!" when I dumped the shells onto the compost pile. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm glad it didn't pop while it was inside the incubator.

Sorry the others didn't make it, but they weren't fighting like that one to make it. I knew you had at least one stink bomb in that bator!!!!
sickbyc.gif

I'm traveling this week and missing home and my teeny tiny flock of three. My mom is watching them for me at her house. But the day I left I went out to take care of them and they were gone and i nearly fell over on the spot and then I remembered that they were safe in town. My wonderful cats have been on a killing spree. I don't really know the difference between a mouse and a rat but these have huge front teeth and are as big as my fist a couple f them. The cats are also bird killers so I'm afraid to let my birds out until they are a lot bigger. Hope every has a great rest of the week.

Some pics from today

Beautimous, nearly sure she is female, and shows like she is going to be mottled / barred I tried to show the back so you could see the mottling coming it, but she didn't cooperate

Nearly sure this one keeps wanting to be a boy, I've tried to talk him out of it, but I don't think he is listening.

Beautimer, nearly sure he is a boy and I keep trying to talk him into being mottled, but so far no luck.

Blondie, these both are the same age.

This one has cool side burns and is going to be mottled.

Never and I mean never house rabbits and chickens together!!!! lol lol lol

Back
Top Bottom