***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Yes. Water won't kill germs, and without soap, hot water and scrubbing, it won't even remove bacteria. and if you have something like a mycoplasma in there it will live for up to three weeks even if you get rid of every bird. I use oxine currently, but it has to be ordered off the internet. Just plain ol' hot soapy water scrubbing, then spraying down with a 10% bleach solution will work just fine. Of course, your birds have to be somewhere else while you do that.
yeah thats the problem... i have no where else to put them....

Hey, Im new to the website. Can anyone give me any tips?
Buy low. Sell high.
gig.gif

But seriously, um, tips on what, exactly?

yeah thats the problem... i have no where else to put them....
The Birds will be fine, you can add up to 1 tsp of bleach to the drinking water to aid in sterilizing it but Oxine is a much better long term solution. The Oxine in the drinking water will aid in disease control in the flock, eliminate virus, bacteria, and algea in the water as well as improve feed conversion for the birds wether growing or laying.

fl.gif
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?.. I AM DESPERATE FOR A GOOD LAYING HEN!!! I HAVE SOME HENS THAT ARE GUNNA BE LAYING AROUND AUGUST BUT I ONLY HAVE 3 THAT ACTUALLY SURVIVED.... ONE GOT KILLED BY MY LITTLE COUSINS GOING INTO THE COOP.. AND I REPLACED IT WITH A YOUNGER RHODE ISLAND RED... THE RHODE ISLAND RED IS NOW SICK AND STUMBLING ALL OVER THE PLACE AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.. I REALLY JUST WANT A GOOD LAYING HEN THAT IS ALREADY LAYING... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FOR SALE CLOSE TO OKC OR MIDWEST CITY?
fl.gif
Get with Micheal at Mary's flea market.. if he is not there get with Pat. They will both be on the north end just east of the entrance and both are real good resources. Mary's is on NW 23rd or 29th can't remeber which but others on here can tell you for sure.

Quote:

Also, when you buy or get new chickens, never put them in with your chickens. They should be quarantined up to 30 days to make sure they are healthy. The one sick chicken has probably infected your whole flock with an illness and unfortunately you have alot of work to do with trying to clean the pens and treat all of them. Don't wait too long, chickens go down pretty fast once they get sick.

Back
Top Bottom