***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Looks like another nice day ahead of us. I'm making a slow start today after putting up another forty square bales yesterday. I've got achey muscles where I didn't think I had muscles any more. Maybe an aspirin will take the edge off.

Buster - how often do you move your egg mobile? Do you have any photos of the inside? Are you grazing any animals before or after your hens?

MacGuyver - Love the video of the Mother of the Year. Hawks are thick here and swoop down to buzz large fowl that are free ranging. My chicks on pasture are in tractors, so I haven't had to worry about hawks getting them. Snakes have been a problem, though, and I'm still losing a chick here and there to a bull snake or a black snake.

Coffee's finished so I'd better get back to the flock. Have a great day, everyone!

morning all sipping me some of the good stuff. Got a bit of late start today. Felt good to sleep though. Gotta go see my chickens in a few then gonna go get some bushals of corn to put up. Im wanting some peaches to. may have to wait though dont wanna get to many projects and some thing spoil. By the by it fantastic friday all!

hooohummm, long night.

made it to wagoner and back last night. got some real nice birds from jimmy, found out we both have the same last name! weird huh.
anywho, got 6 pairs of birds from him, most are show quality birds too. nice thing was the price, he gave me 3 pair, and i only paid 20 a pair for the other 3 !

said he used to be on back yard chickens, but had other things to do now. told us about an auction tonight in vinita, jerry said he might be able to take me up! realy bad when you cant drive more than about 10 miles without taking a nap.

if i can find my camera i will post some pics later!

hooohummm, long night.

made it to wagoner and back last night. got some real nice birds from jimmy, found out we both have the same last name! weird huh.
anywho, got 6 pairs of birds from him, most are show quality birds too. nice thing was the price, he gave me 3 pair, and i only paid 20 a pair for the other 3 !

said he used to be on back yard chickens, but had other things to do now. told us about an auction tonight in vinita, jerry said he might be able to take me up! realy bad when you cant drive more than about 10 miles without taking a nap.

if i can find my camera i will post some pics later!

Good Morning Mefordz

Morning all!!! Les glad to see you back, I would sure hate to loose you!!! Glad to hear Teva is liking her new job and yall found a place.I spent the night in my recliner, had acid reflux so bad I couldn't lay down! Sipping on water this morning, bout all I can keep down as of now. Turned the dogs out but have not been out yet, looks nice out, I have to make a trip to Tulsa to the Dr. today so won't be back on till later so have a great Friday all!! Lynn
cool.png

The Humane Society does wonderful things and it is the ASPCA. The humane society of the united states, HSUS, is another branch of the other very evil group that is unmentionable. If you look at the financial records of the two groups they constantly shift money back and forth and the goal of both is no animal ownership, whatsoever.

From their website:
"Accordingly, The HSUS pursues the reduction of animal suffering in the raising, housing, care, transportation, and slaughter of animals raised or caught for food. Furthermore, we seek to ensure that animal production systems are humane, sustainable, and environmentally sensitive. The HSUS supports those farmers and ranchers who give proper care to their animals, act in accordance with the basic ethic of compassion to sentient creatures under their control, and practice and promote humane and environmentally sustainable agriculture."

Not much for me to argue with, there, since it is why I do what I do. Whether board members or individuals who support it belong to other groups is irrelevant to me, as long as the organization acts on this particular principle. It is my number one priority.

PS: Glad to see you are still with us. You are one of my favorite posters. :)

Last edited:
We have had a busy morning at the market. I didn't plan on putting in more greenbeans but they are a hot seller. Sold 20 lbs of greenbeans by 830. DD has done better at moving eggs today too.

We are officially down to 1 cabinet incubator. Going to clean the other one good & store it away until spring. Last 2 wks we only set 4 dz eggs, our house will soon be much more quiet.
a6937b9b-8360-f4a6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom