*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al how old were they, Mine are about 1 yr. old, He didn't say where he got them from. 1 roo is just now learning to crow so he is probably a little younger. My other roo still has growing to do.

This is good sleeping weather and since I stayed up late last night, I am going to turn in early.
Tomorrow, we need to do an Okie roll call and have everyone update on their weather situation. Perhaps we can all send emails and/or PMs to those who haven't posted in a while and/or haven't been seen at an auction in the past two months - to check on them. Off the top of my head I am thinking: FunChick, Jer-Man, MAllen, Chiclooker and OldMotherHen, Dandilion, TJ's Na-na, Slightly Cracked, Muesky, Ivyblaze, Kwartel, Quinston, doubleostud, Elwood Lightfoot, StinkyPuddleRanch, CleoChick, Faerielady, Plain Ole Dee, Okiemommy, and OklahomaLightning. I know there are more, but those were some I have communicated via PM with in the past so I had a cheat sheet for names
wink.png

Quote:
The ground is totally covered here. Still sleeting like crazy and the wind is howling.
On the 10 pm weather they moved us to the 12 to 18 inches of snow zone.

I don't think I will be getting up before daylight to call the office hotline to be sure we are closed. Even if we are not closed, we won't be opening at 8:00.
roll.png

You sure took a lot off of the top of your head.
That is a good idea though.
I always wonder where folks go.
When I first joined BYC there was a man on here I talked to alot and then he just disappeared.
He had tons of chickens. Including show quality birds.
After a while I sent him a pm but never heard from him.
Well over a year later he answered my pm and said he had sold all of his birds and rarely got on BYC.
I encouraged him to come back but I haven't heard from him again.

Quote:
The ground is totally covered here. Still sleeting like crazy and the wind is howling.
On the 10 pm weather they moved us to the 12 to 18 inches of snow zone.

I don't think I will be getting up before daylight to call the office hotline to be sure we are closed. Even if we are not closed, we won't be opening at 8:00.
roll.png

Didn't you hear the Governor? State offices are closed.

Last edited:
Quote:
roll.png

Didn't you hear the Govornor? State offices are closed.

The governor declared a state of emergency for all 77 counties - so disaster funding from the feds could be sought if necessary.
We got an email late this afternoon from our agency administrator indicating that despite news reports to the contrary, no decision had been made regarding the closure of all state agencies in Oklahoma county yet. Since he signs my evaluation, I will cheerfully follow his instruction to call the agency's weather hotline in the morning.
smile.png

My yard isn't covered with white yet, but sleet sure is pouring down - at about a 45 degree angle. The sound of sleet on the skylights is a bit disquieting. I too, wish it would go ahead and turn to snow. It isn't as noisy and doesn't seem as cold.

Last edited:
It has been icing here for a little over an hour, has turned now to sleet. My car in entombed in ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom