*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad to see it has turned to sleet right off, that's means nothing sticking to power lines, and are chances of losing power are reduced.

AL

Quote:
That may only leave you with 3-4 live hatched chicks on shipped egg's, are they sending extra's or can you order more or is it too late. Do you have BBS's in the bator now ??

AL

Drizzle is starting here at least something wet coming off the roof.

My Chicken & dumplings turned out great! I look forward to having another bowl for lunch tomorrow.

Quote:
well if i get em started, then soak all nite, then finish them tomorow, they should be about right when we lose power...otherwise i'd have to cook em on the woodstove which is kind of iffy!

yep, startin to rain here

I usually bring the beans to a boil then turn off the burner and let them sit for about an hour. That is enough time to plump up the beans. I pour off the soak water and re-cover the beans with fresh water, add the salt, crushed garlic, onion and ham, then simmer them all night on low heat in a covered, heavy pot. They are ready early in the morning.
smile.png

It started spitting sleet about 9:15 and I could hear thunder. Something that sounds and looks like rain, but is likely sleet - is coming down now, pretty steadily. The grass has a fine coating of white on it.

Quote:
well if i get em started, then soak all nite, then finish them tomorow, they should be about right when we lose power...otherwise i'd have to cook em on the woodstove which is kind of iffy!

yep, startin to rain here

I usually bring the beans to a boil then turn off the burner and let them sit for about an hour. That is enough time to plump up the beans. I pour off the soak water and re-cover the beans with fresh water, add the salt, crushed garlic, onion and ham, then simmer them all night on low heat in a covered, heavy pot. They are ready early in the morning.
smile.png

yummy!! mine always have a good dose of garlic...
smile.png

Quote:
I saw the ad but am going to stick with my Fawn colored Flemish project. I have had Sandys and they are pretty, but I think the Fawn colored are absolutely gorgeous. A couple of my Fawn Flemish have some Sandy in their pedigree, so it is possible that I will get some Sandy in any given litter in the future.
bun.gif

Quote:
That may only leave you with 3-4 live hatched chicks on shipped egg's, are they sending extra's or can you order more or is it too late. Do you have BBS's in the bator now ??

AL

Paid for 10+, maybe as much as 14 when they arrive, Paid xtra for a heater to insurethey don't freeze on the way. In the bator now is Brahma and Brahma/bbs mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom