*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Maribeth, Are you gonna buy those madagascar hens tonight?

No - I suspect they will be expensive and I got a text that they aren't very "lively"
Not really looking for more birds right now. I have pullets that are laying and need to come out of the grow-out/flight pen. Just haven't had room for them to roost in the laying flock coop. Besides, I have frizzle turken and weaten maran eggs in the incubator and under broody hens. One broody hen is hatching whatever mutts she has been sitting on. She is a Malay and the roo has to be either the Saipan, the frizzle turken, or a maran. There are 8 other broody hens as well. Guess what I am bringing to POOPS? Started mixed chicks.

Well, it finally happened...one of my chicks finally flew out of the brooder today. Had to break out some chicken wire to put on top. Little escape artist!
big_smile.png

Quote:
The important question is "did you catch the chick before another pet captured it?"
Yes - they can be quite lively and quicker than you would think for something so small. What I love is when a quail chick escapes - now those are REALLY fast and able to get behind the furniture before you can blink.

i find the best way to catch our escapes is sit on the floor or put your hand close to them to investigate and climb onto- then they learn you a friend!
smile.png

they are a blast at this age!

hey guys- i have a dilemma- those 2 dogs i have, big guys, were dumped- but have to be leashed due to running after livestock- i need to give them to someone who can work with them and train them- i can't physically do it- and they need to find a better home- what would you guys suggest??

It always seems to happen, I hd gotten am Egyptian Fayuomi roo in a trade. I really liked him but decided I pro ably would never find any hens for him,so I took him to the sale this morning. Got home checked craigslist and there are two young hens for sale just a few miles from me!
he.gif
rant.gif

Didn't buy anything today as I was following wides orders and cutting back! But the only thing interesting was several brooders. I took 6 of the ten parakeets I got given to me. They brought $17-18 each,and the noisey guniea that came with them brought $7.50. So those freebies really paid off!

So now I am down to what I really like in stock and still have plenty to keep me busy! Of course chicks start hatching this week so here I go again!lol

Quote:
Is there something wrong with Dr.Les or Ms.Teva? Sure hope not. I wad just thinking yesterday that it's been a while since he has posted.

Maribeth's post #6067 will give you that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom