Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

@stoneunhenged What are the weights on these guys? Thanks.
Folks have been interested to know the size of the Olandsk dwarf. Here's a pic of a medium-size apple compared to an adult hen that is currently laying eggs.

bigpicshoot1070.jpg

Pretty birds but a little confused. The pictures of the adults where u acquired yours have white legs and the pics of your roo def has yellow legs. So is any color legs acceptable for the breed and also read they can have rose combs? I can see alot of mix breed bantams being mistaken for this breed. Does the feather color vary a bit too?

I just ordered my egg from mothernaturesdaughter! They should be coming on Friday. I am really looking forward to having this breed! I would really love to hear more about them from those of you who have had them for a while.

I just ordered my egg from mothernaturesdaughter! They should be coming on Friday. I am really looking forward to having this breed! I would really love to hear more about them from those of you who have had them for a while.

What are you wanting to know? They are very pretty. We just had our first egg layed, we're very excited.

What are you wanting to know? They are very pretty. We just had our first egg layed, we're very excited.
That is pretty exciting....
celebrate.gif
Please show me a photos.
fl.gif
How old was she when she started to lay? How old are they when you can tell the gender? Do you let your free range with the other chickens etc.? Have you noticed an genetic problems/flaws that needs to be worked on or is there a standard? This will be my first bantam chicken breed. Sorry I am asking so many questions. Just not a whole lot of info on them since there is so few of them.

That is pretty exciting....
celebrate.gif
Please show me a photos.
fl.gif
How old was she when she started to lay? How old are they when you can tell the gender? Do you let your free range with the other chickens etc.? Have you noticed an genetic problems/flaws that needs to be worked on or is there a standard? This will be my first bantam chicken breed. Sorry I am asking so many questions. Just not a whole lot of info on them since there is so few of them.

I received a juvenile trio early March, they were around 10 weeks when I received them, so started to lay around 20 weeks. You could certainly tell the sexes when I received them. I certainly wasn't shipped birds with genetic flaws, so I'm no help with that question. They are are landrace, so not certain you could set an exact standard. I'll take some photos to post. They have a little coop and run in our vegetable garden. Currently they do not free range, when the garden is established and I have a supply of fertile eggs, I'll let them free range.

Taking the photos was a little challenging, I can't walk in their run, I had to open the end and lay down, but here they are.

Edited to add photos.

Last edited:
I received a juvenile trio early March, they were around 10 weeks when I received them, so started to lay around 20 weeks. You could certainly tell the sexes when I received them. I certainly wasn't shipped birds with genetic flaws, so I'm no help with that question. They are are landrace, so not certain you could set an exact standard. I'll take some photos to post. They have a little coop and run in our vegetable garden. Currently they do not free range, when the garden is established and I have a supply of fertile eggs, I'll let them free range.

Taking the photos was a little challenging, I can't walk in their run, I had to open the end and lay down, but here they are.

Edited to add photos.
Thanks for adding photos! They are adorable! Is that a Brinsea coop? I have been looking at them online for a while. Do you like it?

I do have Swedish Flower Hens also so I am familiar with landrace breeds. But there have been a few small problems with them like crooked toes and side sprigs on combs etc. that I am selecting against in my breeding, so I was just curious. I am guessing if there is any problems it will take a few years for it to show, since so few people have them. Thanks again for all the info.

Back
Top Bottom