Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

Welcome!
As far as I can tell all OD chickens in the US are from Greenfire stock. That being said, they are a landrace so I interpret that to mean genetic diversity is inherent in the stock. That also means there is no standard. Perhaps those folks on the thread who have been selling hatching eggs might comment on how they are working on selection and diversity.
I was just down tending my 1 month old OD chicks. They wake up full of piss and vinegar, flying and sparring, lots of energy! they chatter all day long too.
Right now I'm still working with my original trio and pair from Green Fire. Is anyone working with their second generation birds?

Thanks everyone for the info! I am new to all of this **Does it show?** Lol! I hope I didn't offend anyone if it seemed I was implying unhealthy stock. I am just trying to prepare myself for breeding this wonderful chicken. :) I will do my best to learn as I go to avoid asking anymore silly questions :)

So would you all recommend buying a breeding pair from GFF? I currently have 9 eggs in the incubator but I am guessing I should not breed those as they might be siblings? I was hoping to find a breeding pair locally but acquired some hatching eggs just in case.

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks everyone for the info! I am new to all of this **Does it show?** Lol! I hope I didn't offend anyone if it seemed I was implying unhealthy stock. I am just trying to prepare myself for breeding this wonderful chicken.
smile.png
I will do my best to learn as I go to avoid asking anymore silly questions
smile.png

So would you all recommend buying a breeding pair from GFF? I currently have 9 eggs in the incubator but I am guessing I should not breed those as they might be siblings? I was hoping to find a breeding pair locally but acquired some hatching eggs just in case.
Thanks again everyone!
It's up to you on breeding. I know top-notch breeders of other breeds who don't worry about familial ties but just breed for qualities while keeping an eye out for issues that weaken the line.

We started with adult birds, but you can do either. Most breeders will sell eggs, chicks, and started birds.

Thanks everyone for the info! I am new to all of this **Does it show?** Lol! I hope I didn't offend anyone if it seemed I was implying unhealthy stock. I am just trying to prepare myself for breeding this wonderful chicken. :) I will do my best to learn as I go to avoid asking anymore silly questions :)
Thanks again everyone!

Brechin, I have pairs and trios avilable - some are about 3 months old, and I have one pair that is almost 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom