Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

MrsMoonCat
... How did work out with the humidity??

I ended up with 6/9 hatching. I lost one due to major leg issues, but the others are all doing great. I have found that the 30-35% days 1-18 with 60-65% at lockdown works well for my climate and incubators. I incubate in a Hovabator Genesis 1588 and then hatch in a Hovabator 1602N still air.

I ended up with 6/9 hatching. I lost one due to major leg issues, but the others are all doing great. I have found that the 30-35% days 1-18 with 60-65% at lockdown works well for my climate and incubators. I incubate in a Hovabator Genesis 1588 and then hatch in a Hovabator 1602N still air.

What day did they pip if you lockdown on 18?? I just set mine for 20 days.

Last edited:
The Brinsea is very different. Sorry if I caused confusion. It's always best to get advice from someone who has the same incubator, so it's great that there are people here with such different experiences!

We have two fully mature Dwarf roos for $25/each and free shipping if you want both. We have hens, but they are about 2 months younger than the roos, but if you'd like hens with the roos, they can ship with a divider in the box -- [email protected]

I just have to brag. My Silkie Mama just hatched 8 out of 8 Olandsk eggs from Berrytangle! We did lose one to exposure when it got pushed out shortly after hatching but all those tough little thing things hatched. Mama Blackberry is covering everyone right now but as soon as I can snap a picture of everyone I'll post it. I am so excited to have this breed. My Grandmother is from Oland so I feel like these little guys are a piece of my heritage. Pics soon!

I just have to brag. My Silkie Mama just hatched 8 out of 8 Olandsk eggs from Berrytangle! We did lose one to exposure when it got pushed out shortly after hatching but all those tough little thing things hatched. Mama Blackberry is covering everyone right now but as soon as I can snap a picture of everyone I'll post it. I am so excited to have this breed. My Grandmother is from Oland so I feel like these little guys are a piece of my heritage. Pics soon!

SO glad to hear that! We shipped some eggs to Oregon and 7/10 hatched! Sven is such an amazing roo
thumbsup.gif

I wanted to post some more recent photos of some of these babies. Somewhere in this thread, someone mentioned the two chick color patterns, the brown stripey seems most common, but some are yellow with brown dot on the head.

I had three of the yellow type and banded them to keep track as they feathered out. Here they are today:

Two boys and a girl. The girl and one boy look pretty much like all the other ones at this point, but the boy on the left definitely has more white than any of the others.

The girl has yellow legs. I also ended up with one roo with yellow legs from the other type of chick (not pictured).

Back
Top Bottom