Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

Eggs hatching on Mother's Day, how appropriate
big_smile.png
. 3 Eggs hatched already when we took a peak and cleared the shells from under her, here's some sneaks!
[/URL]

Some of those chicks look very familiar to me :D (and they're all doing well! They're living outside now in their coop/run).

I appreciate the link, but I found that quite some time ago. Unfortunately none of the sources they list carry these chickens anymore
sad.png
I'm sorry to hear that - Olandsk are an unusual and very rare breed and need propagating. I love saving a rare breed but in my small yard I have to have breeds that don't fly well. Icelandics and Olandsk are excellent flyers and curious so I couldn't consider them in my yard. I do hope you find the Olandsk - if GFF is importing more it might be worth the wait to get from them. I pay good money for my rare breeds because I want to see them continued. I mean, I love all the chicken breeds including the common heritage but personally I seek out the less conventional breeds for my backyard mix. GL!

This is my little olandsk rooster. I hope the APA recognizes them soon

He is a very pretty boy. His wings are not so droopy like so many bantam boys I've seen. I like the less droopy wing look. I hope they get recognized but I understand it takes years and many shows to get new breeds accepted. Do you have a couple Olandsk hens for him?

Back
Top Bottom