Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

Sorry. Fixed it
smile.png

I just hatched out four chicks. Half are yellow with a dark head spot, the other half are a copper color. Any difference in adult color or sex due to this? Got the eggs from mother nature's daughter btw.

I just hatched out four chicks. Half are yellow with a dark head spot, the other half are a copper color. Any difference in adult color or sex due to this? Got the eggs from mother nature's daughter btw.

In one of my recent hatches I had a bunch of chipmunky looking chicks, which I am guessing is what you are calling the copper color birds, and one that was white/yellow with the dark head spot. I thought for sure I would be able to keep track of the whitish bird as they feathered out, but now I can't tell which one it was! I need to be better about banding unusual ones so that I can keep track of things like this. I know that others have hatched out some of the white/yellow with head spots - maybe they have kept better track than I have,

Be sure to post some pictures if you get a chance!

I was also looking into Icelandics. They seem kinda nice because there almost like a cross between an Olandsk and a SFH. They seem to have more Olandsk coloring with occasional SFH crests and they seem to be a medium weight bird, not exactly great meat bird size like the SFH but definently bigger than the Olandsk. Where did you get yours?

I was also looking into Icelandics. They seem kinda nice because there almost like a cross between an Olandsk and a SFH. They seem to have more Olandsk coloring with occasional SFH crests and they seem to be a medium weight bird, not exactly great meat bird size like the SFH but definently bigger than the Olandsk. Where did you get yours?
We got eggs from Icelander near us who imported two different lines. They have a wonderfully rich history, which is why we've decided to keep them. There are some pics of our chicks on my coop page.

Back
Top Bottom