Old and Rare Breeds

I know, hopefully I'll buy fromca good strain that wont have that problem
wink.png
now... if I remember right langshans come in bantam form?

They come in both Standard (Large Fowl) and Bantam yes. In all three colors, Black, White and Blue.

They come in both Standard (Large Fowl) and Bantam yes.  In all three colors, Black, White and Blue.
Okay! I personally prefer bantam due to my smaller size and it lets me have more ;) looking at your siggy I your part of the American Langshan club do you know any breeders/threads you could direct me? I personally can only get chicks and adult next year .

Okay! I personally prefer bantam due to my smaller size and it lets me have more
wink.png
looking at your siggy I your part of the American Langshan club do you know any breeders/threads you could direct me? I personally can only get chicks and adult next year .

I was gonna say, the thread here is good. There's also an active FB group (Langshan Breeders USA), and I recommend joining the breed club. Mikaela (who is on here as rodriguezpoultry) has some very nice White Bantams (I can't recall if she has the other two colors still). She's in Oklahoma. I think the large fowl are a lot more fun than the bantams, but all Langshans are wonderful and both sizes need more breeders (especially in White and Blue, but more Blacks are always good too).

One fun thing that I'll mention here about them is that due to our White being a recessive White, and Blue being, well Blue, technically you could breed all 3 colors + splash in one breeding program and only worry about type. So you can have a gorgeous multi-color flock, and not have to worry about keeping them separated for breeding season!

Last edited:
for me I had to deal with California Whites for a project for nearly a year and everytime I got them clean and purty two days later they would be as dirty as ever. and yes they were on dry spot and such :th so whites sorta turn off, unless putting them on grass would keep that problem down? I know that with their fewer feathers on the legs they won't have as much as a problem with their feathers breaking as easily.

I will look into joining the breed club. This is the only breed I've been looking/suggested to that not only sold in eggs, or so rare they are a chicken fairy tail!

for me I had to deal with California Whites for a project for nearly a year and everytime I got them clean and purty two days later they would be as dirty as ever. and yes they were on dry spot and such
th.gif
so whites sorta turn off, unless putting them on grass would keep that problem down? I know that with their fewer feathers on the legs they won't have as much as a problem with their feathers breaking as easily.

I will look into joining the breed club. This is the only breed I've been looking/suggested to that not only sold in eggs, or so rare they are a chicken fairy tail!

Grass helps big time, but white birds are white birds. I just love all three colors, but very few work with White for the reasons you mention.

Edit: I just keep deep dry shavings and don't worry too much if they get a little soiled until show time. The Blacks and Blues are much easier though, you don't notice them getting dirty as much. :)

Last edited:
Grass helps big time, but white birds are white birds.  I just love all three colors, but very few work with White for the reasons you mention.
Maybe if I didn't have to bang my head repeatedly after washing it may be different. I like the colors if I can get a trio on Black, White, Blue bantam or a assortment of chick with those colors I'll try all three, who knows, I might like them.

Maybe if I didn't have to bang my head repeatedly after washing it may be different. I like the colors if I can get a trio on Black, White, Blue bantam or a assortment of chick with those colors I'll try all three, who knows, I might like them.
I love my bantams, and Mikaela is a great breeder to get started with. She got me addicted to the breed pretty quickly, LOL.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom