Old and Rare Breeds

Here is a nice black hen that was Ch Mediterranean at the Eastern Iowa Poultry Show, I was amazed at how clean her legs were.

Last edited:
I'll have to post a picture on here of him. If you go over to UFF and look under the Asil heading and scroll way down until you see me 'doc' and Blue Asil.... well, you judge for yourself: no self-blue.

Search on google for Ultimate Fowl, its a great resource, I liked it until I got banned for no reason to my knowledge.
I would like to do that but can you tell me what UFF is? Or do you have a link?

I'm not terribly computer savvy and when it comes to things being named by their initials, I am totally lost. Sorry.

Last edited:
Take Dorkings.  Whites are, within dependible recorded history, the original variety, and were the variety that made the reputation of Dorking meat.  Eventually, SG Dorkings rose to the fore in the US.  Red Dorkings have been a constant presence in the side lines. Colored Dorkings have probably sung their last song.  Cuckoo Dorkings have never had any real historical relevance in comparison to the other varieties.

Dont give up on the Colored Dorking just yet... It's just started singing on the West coast, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. "Type" first...

Ps - I'm hoping to find some others interested in the area to help with my quest! I know some of the best of the best have had problems with color breeding true, but I'll jump that fence when I get there. ;0)

The SPPA Breeders Directory is back from the printers and currently being packaged for mail out. If you are a member then expect your copy with 2 weeks. If not a member, then it's a great time to join!

Back
Top Bottom