Old and Rare Breeds

Just thought I'd chime in about the breeds from Duane Urch. They are great show birds but don't expect as many eggs from them. I love the quality of birds, it's just that the leghorns start laying later and no where near the amount of eggs as the hatchery stock brown leghorns. His hamburgs are good layers, I've had gold & silver pencilled from his stock. Good luck, keep us updated!

The SPPA will be holding a Regional Meet at the Sandlapper Show on Nov. 23, 2013 in Barnwell, South Carolina. I hope all the SPPA members within driving distance will be able to attend.

We changed it this year due to the ABA Show on our date in Knoxville. We did not want to conflict with that show.

I have talked with a few friends and two pointed out a fact that I had not thought of when it comes to the comb, frostbite, and fertility. If frostbite on the comb hurts the fertility of a rooster, than how can one be dubbed off without killing the fertility of the rooster? Hopefully someone here can explain it to me. Thanks for any help.

I have talked with a few friends and two pointed out a fact that I had not thought of when it comes to the comb, frostbite, and fertility. If frostbite on the comb hurts the fertility of a rooster, than how can one be dubbed off without killing the fertility of the rooster? Hopefully  someone here can explain it to me. Thanks for any help.

Neither one affects fertility in the slightest.

Ok, just I had read in a few spots and been told by a different friend who has bred white face black spanish for years that frostbite on the comb would hurt fertility.
Wrong end of the bird!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom