Old and Rare Breeds

Well ive been made to feel dumb on several sites because i hade a idea to bring back a true saipan. I own 3 a pair and a bitty that are from originl stock from years ago but have been crosd bred due to lack of birds around i raise pure black shamo developed ovr 8yrs by a great friend who turned his many years of hard work due to health probs and the fact he finally aquired his dream breed pure quality ko shamo anyway ive been laughed at and clowned on and told saipans dont exist im makin myself look dumb with people who raise real orientals and saipan is a hatchery bird thats a joke the old guy my buddy had me talk to said he owned saipans and they arent a fairytale he had in 80S and 90S i guess im just waisting time talking about having a fam for my lil baby anyway i will make sure the ones i got continur whether they are real or not they love me and me them ok im done venting i wont mention saipans. Again ill just concentrate on my blcks

I warned you that most Game breeders do not buy the Saipan story. And it is that, a story. Then perpetuated by the hatcheries etc. The best that I can tell is that they were birds with a mixed Oriental heritage, possibly feral. The story claims much more.

Now were they, or did they become known as a particular "type"? Possibly. Who really knows? But . . . did they persist without the addition of new blood, which would mean from other types or breeds? I doubt it.

So even if they did have some merit, would they now? That is for you to decide. There are a few that are faithful adherents. I would suggest that you investigate the matter for yourself, decide what information is reliable for yourself, and proceed accordingly.

Personally, I could not, or would not, concern myself with the opinions of others unless I had some respect for them. I prefer to draw my own conclusions after openly listening to others, and researching the matter for myself. If I concerned myself with the opinions of others, I would have noting at all. We al have them, but they do not have much weight.

Doesn't Cackle hatchery still carry them? There are some breeders of this breed if you are committed enough to locate them. Even that it may require some persistence.

This would be a good book for you to own, read, and re read. http://www.amazon.com/ORIENTAL-GAME...=1429653210&sr=1-1&keywords=oriental+gamefowl

Last edited:
I you look hard enough you could probably find some unicorns and fairies. I just don't buy the whole saipan story. if they were real, nobody has real ones in the us. anymore
[/IMG]this stag is hen feathered but besides having the eggs imported I would like to see another bird like him not owned by my brother or cousin whom has straight feathered stags.
7.2lbs 23" tall

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom