Old and Rare Breeds

Boles asil are NOT Thai. There are some who would argue that they are even "real" asil. They are a strain of birds used to cross onto American game to increase size and power. They clearly have a high percentage of asil blood, but they also clearly have plenty of American Game blood as well. There is a thread on here called oriental gamefowl, you should direct all of you asil related questions there.

Boles asil are NOT Thai. There are some who would argue that they are even "real" asil. They are a strain of birds used to cross onto American game to increase size and power. They clearly have a high percentage of asil blood, but they also clearly have plenty of American Game blood as well. There is a thread on here called oriental gamefowl, you should direct all of you asil related questions there.
ok sorry about that. like I said I dont know anything about them. The Thai part is what I read. thanks for the correction

I was thinking during the night, and consulting the chicken calculator. I don't have the room to hatch the number of chicks I'd need to to develop the citron color. I'm just going on with the silver. Thank you for helping me clarify my thoughts.
I've talked someone with more room into taking over the cream/citron Spitzhauben project. I'm giving her what birds I have so far.

I could still work on a Silver Brabanter program. I prefer Brabanters, and silver is a dominant gene. I don't have to grow out birds HOPING they'll have a recessive gene.

While reading the Heritage thread , I found this post by NanaKats So far I have found a member here on BYC (Jamn) who has been hatching [COLOR=FF0000]the Cockoo Maline (Mechels in the UK). [/COLOR] On a thread back in May, an email for another member was given as a contact for a source here in the States. I'm going to contact the person to see if she is still breeding the birds.
I have not received an answer to my email nor from Jamn so I opened a thread on the Belgian Cuckoo Malines Meschel in hopes of finding someone who knows a source for eggs or chicks. and Monkeypoop, The Turkey Malines do look like a Brahma. feathersite had some great pictures. I'm really attracted to the Cuckoo/Crele feathering and the regal stature. I would really like to devote some farm space to the breed.

I have not received an answer to my email nor from Jamn so I opened a thread on the Belgian Cuckoo Malines Meschel in hopes of finding someone who knows a source for eggs or chicks.
and Monkeypoop, The Turkey Malines do look like a Brahma. feathersite had some great pictures.
I'm really attracted to the Cuckoo/Crele feathering and the regal stature. I would really like to devote some farm space to the breed.
good lucj with your search. I love my crele penedesenca

Back
Top Bottom