Old english Pheasant fowl

Heidrun

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2023
Hi..Does anyone have old english Pheasant fowl? Just bought 3..but they are extremely nervous, not much like other breeds I have..
Does anyone have any experience with this bread?

Hi,

Yes, we have had some Pheasant Fowl. They are definitely a nervous and flighty breed, but great free-rangers and as we have discovered this season; pretty good mommas.

How can I help?

Hello. Our old English Pheasant fowl are very young, 20 weeks old..And they seems very lazy..laying around preening all day long..I had a look at some feathers they lost, and they have a lot of lice or mites..
But they dont do any dust bathing..So I m not sure what to do? Its no way they would let me hold them so I could dust them..
Maybe they will be more active when they go older?
We have called them The 3 Norns : Urd , Verdandi and Skuld..from the old viking believes.They are beautiful girls.

I just figured out that they are full of lice..Thats probably why they are acting lethargic?
The girls are growing and we can just see the start of their rosecomb..Looking forward to see..
Do you think they will start laying during winter? We are in Wales UK

Hi..Does anyone have old english Pheasant fowl? Just bought 3..but they are extremely nervous, not much like other breeds I have..
Does anyone have any experience with this bread?
I have a 5-week-old. Its sibling died at a week old so I just have the 1 now. She is a neurotic squawking mess until I swaddle her like a baby. Then she instantly calms down and will let me hold and cuddle her for a long time. Once she is calm I can even take my hand off her and she’ll keep lying on my lap. And I can pet her all over once she’s subdued.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom