Old Fashioned Skirts & Clothing

Quote:
I just wanted to say WOW thank you! Such a well thought out AND helpful answer!!!
bow.gif
hugs.gif
I think instead of trying to go put a whole outfit together I will just get ONE things at a time that I LOVE and then I will have a whole bunch of things that I love and fit great and I can put them together!!!

OMGOMG I went INTO boot barn and found a pair of boots, a hat and THREE skirts that I LOVE! Didn't try the skirts on yet and have to wait to get paid so I can go back and get the stuff! I will definitely post a picture after I do! So excited!
wee.gif

Are the skirts all different? Keep your receipt for them and the bag, you can take one with when shopping for shirts, so that you KNOW it will look good before you buy a top to go with it. When ever you want to match something, take it with.

I want to see the boots! I love boots, I only have 2 dressy pair... the other pairs are my "boy" boots, steel toe and one for hiking. LOL With how I dress, people are either not at all surprised I own chickens, giant dogs, and ride horses... or it's so girly/prissy they're like... "You know what a chicken is?".

I want to get a pair of western boots SO bad, but I haven't found a pair on sale that I LOVE yet. The trend for them was like a couple years ago, but I don't care, you can make it "timeless". Or wear it with skinny jeans or leggings and be "in".

Have you ever played with make-up? I have never felt more feminine as when I learned how to do a "smoky eye" and how to use all the silly little brushes. I went to a store that sells only make-up, and since I had never been there before, they made me up for free and gave me pointers. Before that, all I knew was blush, chapstick, and mascara. The art of eye shadow, using 3! colors, never knew how to do that. Then I signed up for the mineral make-up since it sits on my skin better, and they mail me everything I need every 3 months, but I have a low payment once a month to make it affordable. Totally avoids the shocking bill when you have to pay for everything at once. I've tried everything at the drugstore, and every brand at the department stores, the mineral stuff not sold in stores just lays so natural. Rimmel was cheap and a close second, but it clogged my pores.

A cute outfit and nice make-up means you can keep the tomboy pony tail and not fuss with your hair.

Totally agree w/ Mandelyn w/ sizes. It is so much more important to purchase clothes that fit, not clothes in the size you think you are. As someone who sews most of my own clothes & very 'fluffy', sizes are just numbers. They are numbers that really dont mean anything. When I was young & skinny I always tried to buy a size 5 whether it fit or not. Wasted of a LOT of money.

Sewing is FUN! If you can find a decent running second hand machine w/ your three basic stitches (straight, zigzag, satin (for button holes)) you are golden. Patterns are very easy to follow if they say easy on them (or something like that). Check out a sewing book at the library to help you w/ certain techniques & terms. If you have a JoAnnes near you, they run coupons all the time. Pattern sizes run different then retail clothing. So measurements are crucial. & again... they are just numbers. Nothing else.

Your figure is so cute! Boots & a tea length skirt would look wonderful on you. & you could match that up w/ the top you're wearing in your photo. Really.

If you are at a retail store, find something that fits & it's priced very well, buy three. You'll always want a back up.

Neutrals are a very good way to keep your pieces mixed & matched.

If I were in S. Cal. I would so want to go shopping w/ you.

Read your post, and found a website that has old fashioned clothing. www.oldfashionedclothing.com it is clothing like from little house on the prairie, and it is cheap. A skirt was 33 bucks. I am going to order a skirt, hat, apron and bonnet just to wear around here. Besides, my boys are such city clicker's it's unbelievable and I am going to get it just to crawl under their skin for calling me a hillbilly.

I started a folder of all the styles and different pictures of things I like and ideas so that way when I go into the store I don't get "lost" and can look in the folder for ideas!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom