Old Quail Kicks the Bucket

le_bwah

Crowing
6 Years
May 1, 2018
Boise, ID
My Coop
My Coop
Well, ol' Babs died, a little over 5 years 4 months old. I knew it was coming the night before—she found a spot under a grass, hung her head, breathing heavy. Next morning I found her gone in the same spot.

babs.jpeg

She was the last of my first flock, hatched before the aviary was even built (my bad 🙃). I loved that bird like any dog or cat I've ever had, even from a distance. Only wish I'd taken more pictures.

Goodbye Babs, I will miss your cricketing and powerful kicks. 🥹

P5060134 (1).jpg

Well, ol' Babs died, a little over 5 years 4 months old. I knew it was coming the night before—she found a spot under a grass, hung her head, breathing heavy. Next morning I found her gone in the same spot.

View attachment 3651020

She was the last of my first flock, hatched before the aviary was even built (my bad🙃). I loved that bird like any dog or cat I've ever had, even from a distance. Only wish I'd taken more pictures.

Goodbye Babs, I will miss your cricketing and powerful kicks. 🥹

View attachment 3651021
My hen PipPip is seeming to be getting old too! She isn't sick, but I can tell she is getting older. I'm so sorry for your lose! She was a beautiful hen! May she rest in peace for the rest of time!

Back
Top Bottom