OMG! my chick order just came in 1 is disformed helpp!!

STEPHANIELAUREN

♥ Hatchaholic ♥
13 Years
Jun 19, 2009
Fort Myers, Fl
i just got my chick order in from mcmurray hatchery and the extra chick they sent me has a messed up neck its flopped over to the side and when i pick him up it goes all the way around. hes eating fine and drinking water and walking and the other chicks seem to be accepting him i just dont know what to do to help his neck!

Oh No! I'm no help as to what you could do for him but that is so sad... Poor thing!
hit.gif

Hey,

I had a buff orp hatch out like this last week, his or her head just seemed to go backwards like it would break any second, I placed it in a box by itself and within a couple days it was completely normal.
Now I can't even tell which it was.
Don't give up, it will straighten out!!

One of mine was like that when she was a baby. We kept her with the others, but made sure they didn't pick on her and she was eating/drinking/pooping alright. After a few weeks it got better and she's fine now.

I read somewhere it can come from them getting smushed by the others in the box.

That's encouraging advice you've gotten from the others. If it's eating/drinking/pooping all right then there might be hope. Just watch that it doesn't get picked on by the others. I hope it gets better soon!

shes been eating the gro-gel plus i put in the box for her and a couple peices of grapes and her neck already seems to be straightening out a bit. hopefully it will keep getting better. also i think shes a white crested black polish so im excited about that
smile.png

I gave mine a couple drops of Poly ViSol (liquid baby vitamins) and he perked up in just a couple days. I put a drop on my finger and put his beak on the drip (he was having trouble aiming) then he would swallow it down. I did this 3 times the first day, twice the 2nd day and once the third day. He was also in his own box for his safety and I had to refill his food and water often cause he kept stubling into it and spilling (they were little dishes so they didn't make too big of a mess).

I also dipped his beak in the water several times a day so I knew he was getting some.

Hope that helps,
Michelle

Back
Top Bottom