OMG! My duck has been mutilated!

No, you did not waste your time and money. You made a very good start. Two or three feet of metal half inch hardware cloth around the bottom of the chicken wire and you should be in good shape, as long as nothing can dig under the fence.

It's a steep learning curve.
We reinforced the bottom with extra wood. Nothing can squeeze or dig for now.

I think my neighbor might have a trail cam.
Sorry, about your duck....and the feeding frenzy of well intended and good advice...the idea about the free pallets sounds like it would work.nnand you have the know how to put them together into a nice sturdy duck house....along with the wire...could become a relatively secure shelter....for now...I made a temporary shelter out of straw bales and scrap plywood...along with a few cinder blocks...tie wire...and a few scrap boards....my ducks liked their little home so much, I had to completely demolish it to convince them that the new duck house I had built them was just as good or better...if you use you imagination and common sense....it's not impossible to make a comfortable secure shelter...if temporary home...good luck...

They survived! They even laid an egg. That was the first. I have some good pics now. I did not hear them quack at all last night. They seemed content!

They survived! They even laid an egg. That was the first. I have some good pics now. I did not hear them quack at all last night. They seemed content!
Woot! Woot! Congrats on a safe night and the first egg!
clap.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
I'm still waiting on mine
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom