one of my baby ducks died :(

they have only fed them feed! they have water so not sure what happened there. i was gone for one night!! i don’t know how something so drastic can happen in one night. i’ve had ducks for almost two years and nothing on my property has changed, so not sure what could have gotten into. there was not predator marks and they were outside when she died so i’m not sure. was able to revive the one ! seems to be doing well. she keeps getting out of the bin and walking around, so i think that’s a good sign?
I lost one once to eating a penny as well as she had strange spots around her heart
The combo killed her
Ducks dig and find things that we don’t always know are even there
I don’t have Pennie’s do it came from the ground

It’s very hard to leave I don’t go anywhere unless it’s just a day trip.
i know i never do, maybe for a couple hours if i have to but i thought if it was just one night it would be okay….i think we all know our animals and their routines best and it’s hard for them when we’re not there to do it exactly how they like it. i get too attached to them and see them more as pets/family rather than just “a duck” or “just a chicken” :(

I lost one once to eating a penny as well as she had strange spots around her heart
The combo killed her
The combo killed her
aw i’m so sorry. it’s the worst when we loss an animal to something like that because we automatically blame ourselves for not thinking about those possibilities. i think personally i always thought the main thing that i have to worry about is a predator, but after losing a couple of birds in my life you realize that there are so many things that could happen to them that you wouldn’t even think.

I am so sorry. I know how it feels to lose something you love. I have lost more than a fair share of pets I love. I have a duck that has changed my life, and the lives of others. I don't think people realize how much these small animals can make big memories and changes in our lives. Please know that your sweet ducks are in Heaven on Jesus's lap. I wish you all the love and comfort I can possibly share with you.

Back
Top Bottom