Ongoing Brahma Projects Thread

Pics
One of the single laced blue laced "red" males, not real proud of his light saddle feathers, but decent lacing.

And a double laced male, again would like to see darker hackles and saddle. This guy is stout and has pretty good width.

Last edited:
I love these! They are so pretty! Did you use a Wyandotte to make the color or?

Yeah about 08 or so, I brought in a crazy BL"R" Wyandotte late in the season that produced a single blue laced gold cockerel. Getting the blue lacing was easy. Getting it on good deep red is proving some what more difficult. Getting that paint job on a good typey Brahma chassis has taken some time. In fact the double laced version came about because I kept some mismarked birds that were just too big and typey to get rid of.

Newbie here :)
My son was given a trio of Brahma last year. He just wants them to be free range chickens. I've decided to embellish on them and have hijacked his chickens for a project. I retired mid year last year due to Stage 4 Breast Cancer. But I guess they treat it like a chronic condition these days and I'm actually doing well enough that I've gotten bored. I bred Overo Saddlebred & NSH horses, Schipperke dogs (cream), as well as Netherland Dwarf rabbites. So I have some understanding of genetics.

We hatched some eggs we purchased as well last year and have Gold Laced Brahma... Please let me know what you think of our little flock as I've decided to get serious about this. I have allot to learn and hopefully lots of time to learn it. .. we have Gold and blue partridge eggs in the incubator right now...

I have a concern about all of the Brahma we have, I dont know that they have correct tails. And I will welcome suggestions on how to fix them if not. Also not sure to do with the white / grey hens.....

Click on this link to see photos

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208839786853212&id=1270188189

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom