Ongoing Brahma Projects Thread

How do you get the red out?

31698_p1020162.jpg

Quote:
Visine.

Sorry about that, but if you throw a slow one across the plate like that, I have to take a hack at it.

I don't consider that bleed through. I would consider your cockerel as a splash blue partridge. Basically a black and red bird with two copies of blue diluting the black.

Last edited:
Quote:
Visine.

Sorry about that, but if you throw a slow one across the plate like that, I have to take a hack at it.

I don't consider that bleed through. I would consider your cockerel as a splash blue partridge. Basically a black and red bird with two copies of blue diluting the black.

Good one!

J. I see you posted your black flock for sell.

Got the first chick out today, out of your spash light hens and the light male I picked up at the Greenville show. Looks like a slightly lighter bluish undercolored light. If that makes sense.

Quote:
These birds look great, you look to be moving in the right direction, did I mention that i love my brahmas...... I really love seeing everyone working on refining all these color patterns. I hope to eventually see them all get accepted into the standard... Just thinking outloud but i wonder how many generations before Big Medecines and Dan Powells color patterns are accepted. Keek up the good work SJISTY.

Quote:
How do you find the temperment of the Blue Lights to be. Im guessing that there is light brahma as part of your foundation and I have always had the most difficulty working with lights as far as temperment goes, they seem a little more high strung. I love the columbian color pattern and ill bet its particularly nice in blue. Good Luck with your project.

Quote:
Watermelon! My produce guy had about 8 watermelons that he felt were "past their prime," so he gave them to us. Every afternoon the flock gets a nice cold watermelon. They also love frozen corn.

There's plenty of shade and always clean water, too. I did lose a couple of my older hens this summer, though.

Back
Top Bottom