Online CRAZY EGG CHAIN lets play

Status
Not open for further replies.
people pay me good money for shipping and I in turn pay good money for packing materials and have never had a problem with a shipment , I did have someone contact me from a sort facility that asked to remain anonymous she told me that writing hatching egg's on the box was a bad thing and your egg's would not be handled well , so I no longer put any thing other than fragile on my boxes and customers have been happy with them , I dont like getting a bunch of wadded up bags in a box when I pay for packing and shipping on egg's it's not right but that's the way most everyone sends them. Not me I charge for packing and I provided it. I dont see any difference in swaps, I received something for what I am trading so I pack the same as I would like to receive. There are a whole lot of crap packing jobs being shipped JMO

AS i've said before I use material that i have on hand, i wrap the eggs in bubble wrap. i label the box fragile hatching eggs, live embroys. if the customer wants it to be held then i put that on there as well. i can't help the po at times are rough with the boxes, that is out of my control. each and everytime i send out boxes i learn from the previous one sent out. how they were handled, how they arrived. as soon as the box leaves my hands i have no more control over how the arrive or how they hatch BECAUSE everyone has different methods of incubating, etc.

i know my eggs are fertile, maybe not every single one but at i can say 99.9% are. i test everyone single one of my breeds to make sure they are fertile. i either crack them open, or i incubate them. i keep very careful records of my incubating as i do with my packing, sending. if i see one way isn't working with my packing, incubating then i change it up and i try something different to give the next box of eggs a very good chance. we've ALL had successes with sending eggs and HUGE failures....so i'm thinking i'm no different than anybody else. so instead of asking the same questions why not get back to the swapping.

CURRENT OFFER:
shipping in 2 weeks 5/15
6 tuxedo/cortnix quail

OR
6 ee (these are laying light blue eggs, chicks will could be olive eggers) +

6 red productions (white leghorns, red sexlink, basque, gl polish, glw, cochin banties)

I have to disagree with you - I have never had a "HUGE failure" shipping eggs - in fact only one time were any eggs damaged and it was clearly PO issues -not packing issues -there is a right way to package eggs and some simple research will show you that - TRAIL and ERROR are NOT options when people are swapping or even more so purchasing eggs - if you do not have the correct materials then you have to go PURCHASE them - not just use what "you have on hand" and hope for the best - the reasons you are being questioned so much is there is a real issue of trust going on - you clearly do not have an understanding of the breeds you are offering - case in point the Pure RIR you were offering are actually sexlinked/production reds - when asked about bloodlines (Blue Copper Marans) you have no idea (which means that they are probably hatchery stock) there have been several complaints about your packaging and not sending the correct amount of eggs - which I see you did not respond to and/or the correct breeds - and this is going on - on multiple swapping threads - not just this one.
I am not trying to be mean here but I think you need to take a break with the swapping - you seem to only have mixed breeds or questionable pure breeds to offer. Maybe you are newer to poultry and need to do some more research.
old.gif
Too much stalling with your offers and give someone else a chance to claim.
roll.png

people pay me good money for shipping and I in turn pay good money for packing materials and have never had a problem with a shipment , I did have someone contact me from a sort facility that asked to remain anonymous she told me that writing hatching egg's on the box was a bad thing and your egg's would not be handled well , so I no longer put any thing other than fragile on my boxes and customers have been happy with them , I dont like getting a bunch of wadded up bags in a box when I pay for packing and shipping on egg's it's not right but that's the way most everyone sends them. Not me I charge for packing and I provided it. I dont see any difference in swaps, I received something for what I am trading so I pack the same as I would like to receive. There are a whole lot of crap packing jobs being shipped JMO
yeah, paying 12.00 to 20.00 for shipping. Then getting a box that would have costed 5.98 to ship.... then packed by wrapping the eggs in toilet paper or paper towel.... not priceless.

I got a box back in Feb, that I paid 15.00 for shipping. It was egg's wrapped in toilet tissue, then placed into a plastic grocery bag, surrounded by newspaper. I weighed the box (regional rate A), went to the shipping calculator on USPS. It costed them 5.98 to send it. ****** me off.

yeah, paying 12.00 to 20.00 for shipping. Then getting a box that would have costed 5.98 to ship.... then packed by wrapping the eggs in toilet paper or paper towel.... not priceless.

I got a box back in Feb, that I paid 15.00 for shipping. It was egg's wrapped in toilet tissue, then placed into a plastic grocery bag, surrounded by newspaper. I weighed the box (regional rate A), went to the shipping calculator on USPS. It costed them 5.98 to send it. ****** me off.

Love the new avatar angel.

John, I actually use plastic grocery bags for shipping. Not because I'm cheap, but because I actually prefer them. Even my soaps and candles are shipped with these bags as packing. I feel like packing peanuts are just too loose and allow everything in the box to "travel". If eggs or candles "travel" too close to a side and get bumped, someone is going to receive broken eggs or shattered glass (the latter I refuse to risk... imagine the safety issues). Shredded paper seems to work well as well, but it's such a mess to open those boxes.

As for huge failures... I have NEVER, EVER shipped eggs out that were demolished. I've received boxes with holes punched in the sides, sides and corners completely crushed, but without a single cracked egg. I believe your box was the first I had ever received with only 50% actually looking like eggs. I had received two other boxes of eggs that day... they were both in immaculate condition and arrived on the same truck. I would only use the 7x7x6 for quail eggs. The post office has Regional Rate A boxes that give you more room for packaging material and cost the same or less than a 7x7x6.

As for shipping... when I first started, I had eggs shipped to me, researched, asked questions, then actually offered several sets of "shipping testers". Free eggs, provided the receiver gave me extremely detailed feedback so I knew that I could ship properly. I did the same with all of my products. I shipped for $5 and explained that the receiver would pay exact shipping only and that it was to test shipping, that the products might arrive damaged. Their end of the deal was that it was a gamble and that they had to give detailed feedback. They took a picture of every single step of unwrapping the box and packaging. Everything arrived in great shape, so I started selling.

Reputation is HUGE. You ship bad product to a few people and you'll never get your reputation back, because nobody is going to want to give you a chance after you have a bad reputation. Ask any sales person and they'll tell you that one bad experience destroys the reputation for ten good experiences. I disagree... one bad experience destroys far more than just ten good experiences.

Last edited:
As for shipping... when I first started, I had eggs shipped to me, researched, asked questions, then actually offered several sets of "shipping testers". Free eggs, provided the receiver gave me extremely detailed feedback so I knew that I could ship properly. I did the same with all of my products. I shipped for $5 and explained that the receiver would pay exact shipping only and that it was to test shipping, that the products might arrive damaged. Their end of the deal was that it was a gamble and that they had to give detailed feedback. They took a picture of every single step of unwrapping the box and packaging. Everything arrived in great shape, so I started selling.

That was really going above and beyond - great job!
thumbsup.gif
I am lucky enough to have a couple really great mentors
old.gif
who have been doing this for years show me - plus did a lot of research
caf.gif
right here on BYC to see how to do it properly.

Back when I started, BYC was full of free eggs for shipping and fertility testing. Now that the sales section changed, it seems that the test shippings have completely disappeared. It's a shame really. It was a nice way to let people get experience shipping without ruining their reputation if something didn't go right.

I am new to shipping but I make sure I pack my eggs very carefully. So far, *knock on wood*, everything has arrived safely. When I receive eggs in the mail, I take a picture of the box and each layer as I unwrap, this way I can learn from their good fortune or any mistakes with broken eggs. I can also learn which safe way I prefer to pack my eggs that I send.
I think it is a learning experience however when things keep going wrong, then you have to take a step back and re-evaluate what you are doing.
I personally bubble wrap each egg, cut a paper egg tray in half and each bubbled egg goes in an egg hole. Then I put the other half on top of the eggs and bubble the whole thing together. The bottom of the box is lined with bubble and the sides I have tried two different ways with success: bubble wrap on the sides and peanuts/newspaper filling the empty spots. I am trying to figure out the easiest least messy way to get eggs there safely without extremely high costs :) I too did a lot of research before I shipped that first box!

I am pretty much explaining this since I am new to BYC and new to shipping so everyone has a chance to know my wrapping methods before they choose to accept any swaps I offer. I wish like someone else said, we could have a rating system similar to ebay for those who swap/sell eggs so that we can rate each others boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom