Oops bought emu hatching eggs

They really do look Jurassic! :lol:
I can't wait to see my little raptors!
Gosh they are so beautiful and mysterious! What a cool thing to get to hatch them! I’m sitting on my hands every day trying not to order duck eggs. Funny how these things take over our impulse control 😂

Thanks for posting … I’ll follow with great interest!
I find myself peeking in the incubator just to admire the eggs.
What kind of duck eggs? I've never had luck hatching them.
Yes I'm like OOPS I did it again lol I really didn't mean to buy more but the more I thought about it the easier it was to buy them 😂

I can't wait to see my little raptors!

I find myself peeking in the incubator just to admire the eggs.
What kind of duck eggs? I've never had luck hatching them.
Yes I'm like OOPS I did it again lol I really didn't mean to buy more but the more I thought about it the easier it was to buy them 😂
I’m debating between buffs and runners but also still looking if there are others I’d prefer. Honestly I think more than will power the indecision is the only thing that’s kept me from buying some 😂.

But it’s totally understandable you’d buy more or those gorgeous emu eggs! Have you raised emus before? I’d love to someday but not sure my husband is a fan.

I’m debating between buffs and runners but also still looking if there are others I’d prefer. Honestly I think more than will power the indecision is the only thing that’s kept me from buying some 😂.

But it’s totally understandable you’d buy more or those gorgeous emu eggs! Have you raised emus before? I’d love to someday but not sure my husband is a fan.
Oh runners are so cute. I can never find runner ducklings here. I had scovies and they were wonderful...until they got in my garden. Have you seen crested ducks? Love the pompom look.

Never had emus before. I've wanted them for awhile and every spring put it off until next year. So I really jumped in feet 1st this year. 🤞🏻 I hatch some and then show your husband pics of how cute.

Oh runners are so cute. I can never find runner ducklings here. I had scovies and they were wonderful...until they got in my garden. Have you seen crested ducks? Love the pompom look.

Never had emus before. I've wanted them for awhile and every spring put it off until next year. So I really jumped in feet 1st this year. 🤞🏻 I hatch some and then show your husband pics of how cute.
Oh gosh I did see those Pom Pom cuties! There was someone on eBay who has a mixed bunch of runner and crested and I was very tempted😂

I haven’t had ducks before but thankfully my garden is well fenced due to having to keep out my wild high flying chickens.

Fencing for emu though… that seems like a big undertaking. Do you have existing pasture area or can they be contained with electric net? I’d love to get there some day to be able to handle big birds like that! In the mean time I just say dream that someone will ask me to incubate sone on their behalf.

The lady down the road from me has a couple of rheas. They seem large enough to me! I too was also wondering what kind of enclosure do they need @AlleysChicks and where do they sleep on night? If I were a predator don’t think I would fancy taking on a big emu! Those legs seem pretty powerful on them!

Oh gosh I did see those Pom Pom cuties! There was someone on eBay who has a mixed bunch of runner and crested and I was very tempted😂

I haven’t had ducks before but thankfully my garden is well fenced due to having to keep out my wild high flying chickens.

Fencing for emu though… that seems like a big undertaking. Do you have existing pasture area or can they be contained with electric net? I’d love to get there some day to be able to handle big birds like that! In the mean time I just say dream that someone will ask me to incubate sone on their behalf.
I would have JUMPED on that cross!
I think ducklings are cute. Adult ducks? Ehhh so messy. I've had calls, scovie and Pekin. And I'd get calls or scovies again.

The lady down the road from me has a couple of rheas. They seem large enough to me! I too was also wondering what kind of enclosure do they need @AlleysChicks and where do they sleep on night? If I were a predator don’t think I would fancy taking on a big emu! Those legs seem pretty powerful on them!
They need 6ft tall fence minimum. Currently everything I have is 4ft. They will have their own area away from my goats, pigs and mini horses. I'm trying to decide on housing. Do I want something that completely closes up or just a small doorway? Decisions. They will stay inside until they are a decent size and off heat. I do have to make sure they are on non slip flooring so carpet or artificial grass is my plan.

I would have JUMPED on that cross!
I think ducklings are cute. Adult ducks? Ehhh so messy. I've had calls, scovie and Pekin. And I'd get calls or scovies again.

They need 6ft tall fence minimum. Currently everything I have is 4ft. They will have their own area away from my goats, pigs and mini horses. I'm trying to decide on housing. Do I want something that completely closes up or just a small doorway? Decisions. They will stay inside until they are a decent size and off heat. I do have to make sure they are on non slip flooring so carpet or artificial grass is my plan.
How long do they stay on heat? Non slip flooring definitely seems like a must… would not want to see leg issues in a bird that big😬

Back
Top Bottom