Oops bought emu hatching eggs

Day 35 for D & E are this Saturday. 🤞🏻 they are fertile. I would love for both to hatch since A &B were duds.
I just caught your thread this evening, I am in southern Ohio too. I started my eggs on March 16th, since it is past midnight, today is my lockdown day. I ordered mine by bidding on eBay. I never thought I would win the auction. Then when I did, I kind of freaked out. I had never hatch Emu before. But I found as nice couple in KY that raise them. They have been very nice and taught me so much. Day 55 is the 10th. I am retired so I can stay right here with them. Both of mine pass the whistle test(big movement). The eggs have tilted like they should, one side (the pointy side) is hotter like it should be. I use a temp gun the make sure. I take the lid off daily for 5 minutes, and the Temp and humidity are as follows for mine. 97 degrees, 35% Humidity. I figured I might as well try it. They told me Seramas and Ayam Cemanis were hard, but I hatched both breeds just fine. I am keeping my fingers crossed

I just caught your thread this evening, I am in southern Ohio too. I started my eggs on March 16th, since it is past midnight, today is my lockdown day. I ordered mine by bidding on eBay. I never thought I would win the auction. Then when I did, I kind of freaked out. I had never hatch Emu before. But I found as nice couple in KY that raise them. They have been very nice and taught me so much. Day 55 is the 10th. I am retired so I can stay right here with them. Both of mine pass the whistle test(big movement). The eggs have tilted like they should, one side (the pointy side) is hotter like it should be. I use a temp gun the make sure. I take the lid off daily for 5 minutes, and the Temp and humidity are as follows for mine. 97 degrees, 35% Humidity. I figured I might as well try it. They told me Seramas and Ayam Cemanis were hard, but I hatched both breeds just fine. I am keeping my fingers crossed
Fingers crossed for you! I've hatched several breeds but emu have been the most nerve wracking for sure!

Update on the baby. I sent dna out Monday morning, the lab received the sample today. Hopefully turn around time is fast! I'm curious on the gender of this baby so I can name it.

OH exciting news! I found a white emu female and I'm picking her up tomorrow!
I am supposed to pick up two, their lockdown date is the 8th. I live near South point, and they are over by Sommerset Kentucky. I lock these two down today. DO you know of breeders close to me?

Back
Top Bottom