Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Hi everyone, Sam, my husband had to mow the grass today in So. Ohio. Earliest we have ever had to do that. I think I wll be going home next Tuesday if we can get help on board for Mom by then. It wll be good to get back to the farm even if I have to come back to Ca in a few weeks.

woot.gif
My wonderful husband showed me a round-a-bout way to get photos posted here.
Woohoo!!!

This was my test try... Sorry Folks. Anytime the camera comes out, here on the Funny Farm,
so do all the hams! That's Larry in the background and Bandit in front of him. Seems like some kid is always
sticking out their tongue in the photos...

So far this year the weather has been downright strange. First we start out with below normal snowfall amounts. I only used my snowblower once or twice all winter. Then the temperatures were much above normal which didn't allow the lakes to freeze as deeply as normal. Now the meteorologists are saying that those to factors are underlying factors in the above normal temperatures we are currently experiencing. Temperatures approaching 90 degrees in March. That's completely unheard of and the weather is breaking all kinds of records like the highest recorded temperature in March and the longest continuous days above 70.

Flowers are popping up everywhere. Fruit trees are budding out. Even lawns are needing to be mowed. I've never needed to mow my lawn until the end of April or even the first of May so having to mow it in March is insane. I'm concerned about what will happen to the flowers and fruit trees when our weather returns to normal.

Good news, bad news. I have found round the clock caregivers for my mom. At $125 per day it is a bit expensive, but she has adequate savings to cover it. The bad news is the hospice DR and nurse visited her today and the outlook is not good. Barring a miracle, she may have only a few weeks at the most. The way she is suffering I think a shorter time would be better. Her lungs are filling with fluid and she is totally unable to get out of bed or even sit up. No quality of life. )Prayers please that her suffering is not too great. Thanks everyone for your kind and ecouraging words.

Back
Top Bottom