Options for a beat up duck...Help please

is she laying eggs?  Do they have access to foraging for most of their food? okay wheat is okay spinach no because it interferes with calcium uptake and she needs calcium for proper egg laying, rice is it cooked? hard to digest other wise I would think.  does she have access to grit to help her grind up what your feeding her? maize or corn is okay for treat but should be limited because it contains mostly carbs and a female duck will get fat and needs alot more nutrients than what corn can give. If it's mixed into her reg feed and in small portions then it would be okay. I'd zero in on  her feed. Can you get feed for poultry? that way you know she and the rest of your Mallards are getting the proper nutrients they need? If you can't then I would do some research on line about what makes up a good feed for water fowl. I've thought many times about making up  my own feed for my flock but I can't access all of what they would need with out it costing a fortune so I stick with feed already made up.  I am getting the idea your not in the USA and i realize it's harder some places to get things but check with your local feed stores or neighbors who keep poultry and find out where they get there feed or what they use to have healthy ducks and birds in general. Go to those who have healthy birds though.  Sounds like you want to do the best for your duck/s. 
[/quote

Yes she is egg laying.. yes rice are cooked and easy to digest for them.. please tell me which things should be in that feed for good nutrients .. i have some poultry feed here in dried and grinded form.. but m not sure that which things are added in that feed ..

And i need to know 1 more thing, if its beacuse of niacin defficiency ... then i can buy some niacin ( vitamen B3) in powdered form and mix a little bit in their food ???

How I feed my Ducks without issues ..;)....

Yours are older so go buy a poultry finisher feed and mix it with scratch grains that contain less corn...No more spinach and things should balance out..Also Ducks do good on dry Cat food...as a treat once or twice a week..:)... protein..;)...

Best wishes..:)

Last edited:
And i need to know 1 more thing, if its beacuse of niacin defficiency ... then i can buy some niacin ( vitamen B3) in powdered form and mix a little bit in their food ???
Yes be sure the niacin[B3] is plain and not flush free or time released. Give her at least 150 mgs in her food daily. and give her your chicken feed since it should have the nourishment she needs. The only thing chicken feed doesn't have enough of for ducks is the niacin that is why we supplement.

Yours are older so go buy a poultry finisher feed and mix it with scratch grains that contain less corn...No more spinach and things should balance out..Also Ducks do good on dray Cat food...as a treat once or twice a week..:)... protein..;)...

Dry cate food or 'dray' cat food ? .. i m confuse

Yours are older so go buy a poultry finisher feed and mix it with scratch grains that contain less corn...No more spinach and things should balance out..Also Ducks do good on dray Cat food...as a treat once or twice a week..:)... protein..;)...

Dry cate food or 'dray' cat food ? .. i m confuse

Oops...;)......Dry Cat food....;)

Yes be sure the niacin[B3] is plain and not flush free or time released.  Give her at least 150 mgs in her food daily. and give her your chicken feed since it should have the nourishment she needs.  The only thing chicken feed doesn't have enough of for ducks is the niacin that is why we supplement.

Thankyou so much for your kind help .. my duck is better now .. :)

Back
Top Bottom