Oregon

Contrybuffs - we're pretty close to each other (relatively speaking) my cell phone gave me an alert that there was a severe weather warning with hail the size up to pennies in the area! I think I'll stay inside and hope it doesn't hit my car.

Big thunderstorm just went right over the top of us! Seemed like it was headed kind of south.
hide.gif
We're in the middle of it right now
hide.gif

So am I!! My Chooks are outside and hiding under the nest boxes!

Yesterday was an exciting day for me =) I got 7 Appenzeller Spitzhaubens
celebrate.gif
AND....the lady I got them from also had an incubator that she sold me!
When I got home and could really look them over...I think I have 4 pullets and 3 roos, but not sure yet. Anyone else in Oregon have some?

WOW... lucky.. you will have to keep us posted if they are the tree seeking chickens that I have read about!!... let me know if you decide to breed them.. I am very interested in that breed... those and or mottled Houdans :)) can you share pics when you get them?

MWChickens.... SO SO SO HAPPY that your new littluns are turning out so wonderfully. And that Fiona will be able to use one for 4-H. I will take a bit of pride in that i have hatched some spectacularly beautiiful and sweet birds. Ii also pride myself in the health of my birds. Thanks for the recognition!

I can post pics as soon as my phone gets up and running again.. My DH said that butternut was chicken smart like our henny penny.. I would have to agree

I have some free chicks for enrolled 4-H kids. I have 2 bantam buff Brahmas that are a few weeks old, there are bantam single combed Rhode Island Red chicks hatching today, and I have some AOV bantam Faverolles that are 1-3 weeks old. Let me know if you're interested!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom