Organic, soy-free chicken feed?

If you want, I can ship to Missouri, but you have to meet these terms for your order:

1. Order minimum 2500lb pallet (fifty 50lb bags of feed) most get a group together for this minimum
2. Forklift and pallet jack or people willing to unload the pallet. Truck driver won't do it.

Feed prices depending on where we are shipping to will vary with shipping rates and fuel costs, but you could expect to around $27 for 50lbs of corn-free, soy-free, canola-free 16% protein USDA certified organic layer. Here is what we are paying in Phoenix (DELIVERED) which seem to be much better the scratch and peck prices listed earlier. Realize the prices of this feed listed on the website are delivered and include shipping:

http://www.phoenixorganicfeed.com/prices.html

I am on a mission to help the world wake up regarding GMOs and help local communities bring in GMO free organic feed, so we can reclaim our health.

oh wow, I only know 2 or 3 others here wanting soy free and 50 bags would last us years... it's too big of an order for me to manage, I think.
hit.gif
I'll hit the farmers markets and see if I can find more people to throw in with me locally. And hopefully others around SW Mo will read this and contact me!

Summary of the 8 main reason one should avoid soy (Parsed from Dr. Mercola) video below

1. 85 percent of soy grown in the US (58.6 percent worldwide) is genetically modified (GM). The purpose of genetic modification is to impart resistance to the toxic herbicide Roundup. The motive is to increase farming efficiency and provide higher margins for soy suppliers. The primary problem is that this soy is laden with this toxic herbicide. Second, this soy also contain genes from bacteria that produce a protein that has never been part of the human food supply.

GM soy has been linked to an increase in allergies. Disturbingly, the only published human feeding study on GM foods ever conducted confirmed, the gene inserted into GM soy transfers into the DNA of our gut bacteria and continues to live and function. This means that years after someone stops eating GM soy, they may still have a potentially allergenic protein continuously being produced in their intestines.

Even more startling is the possibility that GM soy may cause infertility in future generations, which has been evidenced by recent Russian research.

2. Soy contains natural toxins now called "anti-nutrients."

Soy foods contain anti-nutritional factors such as saponins, soyatoxin, phytates, protease inhibitors, oxalates, goitrogens and estrogens. Some of these factors interfere with the enzymes you need to digest protein. While a small amount of anti-nutrients would not likely cause a problem, the amount of soy which most Americans are eating now appears extremely high. (From 1992 to 2006, soy food sales increased from $300 million to nearly $4 billion, according to the Soyfoods Association of North America. This growth came about due to a massive shift in attitudes about soy. This shift was no accident—it was the result of a massive investment in advertising by the soy industry that's been wildly successful.)

3. Soy contains hemagglutinin.

Hemagglutinin is a clot-promoting substance that causes red blood cells to clump together. These clumped cells are unable to properly carry oxygen to your tissues.

4. Soy contains goitrogens

Goitrogens are substances that interfere with iodine metabolism, which blocks thyroid synthesis, thereby interfering with your thyroid function.

5. Soy contains phytates.

Phytic acid (Phytates) bonds to metal ions, preventing the absorption of minerals, including calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc -- which are co-factors for optimal biochemistry in your body. This is particularly problematic for vegetarians, because eating meat reduces the mineral-blocking effects of these phytates (so it is helpful—if you do eat soy—to also eat meat).

6. Soy is loaded with the isoflavones genistein and daidzein

Isoflavones are a type of phytoestrogen, which is a plant compound resembling human estrogen. These compounds mimic and recurrently block the hormone estrogen, and have been found to have adverse effects on various human tissues. Soy phytoestrogens are known to disrupt endocrine function, may cause infertility, and may promote breast cancer in women.

Drinking even two glasses of soymilk daily for one month provides enough of these compounds to alter the menstrual cycle. Although the FDA regulates estrogen-containing products, no warnings exist on soy.

7. Soy has toxic levels of aluminum and manganese

Soybeans are processed (by acid wash) in aluminum tanks, which can leach high levels of aluminum into the final soy product. Soy formula has up to 80 times higher manganese than is found in breast milk.

8. Soy infant formula puts your baby's health at risk.

Nearly 20 percent of U.S. infants are fed soy formula, but the estrogens in soy can irreversibly harm your baby's sexual development and reproductive health. Infants fed soy formula take in an estimated five birth control pills' worth of estrogen every day. Infants fed soy formula have up to 20,000 times the amount of estrogen in circulation as babies fed other formulas!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For additional information and a video and additional articles and evidence on why one should avoid soy, visit the following website: [/FONT]http://www.phoenixorganicfeed.com/why-no-soy.html

On a side note, anyone in the Inland Empire or San Diego or Orange county area of Southern Calif. I did get a one ton order from Scratch and Peck at the end of May and have some extra to sell cheaper than the Costa Mesa store. I drive around to various places with my kids for difefrent destinations so can meet people in a parking lot on the way as well. I will be ordering again first week of August most likely.

I highly encourage those of you who can get Scratch and Peck thru Azure Standard or putting together a group for your own order to do so and contact the company. If enough people in the midwest or back east request it they might be able to start delivering there. www.scratchandpeck.com or for me if you are in my area, www.thehappyhealthychicken.com - Trish

On a side note, anyone in the Inland Empire or San Diego or Orange county area of Southern Calif. I did get a one ton order from Scratch and Peck at the end of May and have some extra to sell cheaper than the Costa Mesa store. I drive around to various places with my kids for difefrent destinations so can meet people in a parking lot on the way as well. I will be ordering again first week of August most likely.

I highly encourage those of you who can get Scratch and Peck thru Azure Standard or putting together a group for your own order to do so and contact the company. If enough people in the midwest or back east request it they might be able to start delivering there. www.scratchandpeck.com or for me if you are in my area, www.thehappyhealthychicken.com - Trish

I have found nothing North of the Austin, 3 hours or more South. I have not gotten around to compiling all the addresses and hyperlinks.
If anyone on the Pacific NW , Bellingham,Everett, Seattle, Tacoma and surrounding areas want organic,soy free feed there is a mill called "Scratch and peck feeds" that some of the local small town feed store get shipments from,you canalso pick it directly at the Mill in Bellingham just for your list you are compliing.

Back
Top Bottom