Our chicken's first snow, LOL!

Jeffross1968

Songster
8 Years
May 14, 2011
Smoky Mountains
Boy, were they reluctant to come out into the white stuff today. It was wind blown into the run, so they didn't even enjoy that. Couple pictures....

Pearl did NOT want to go any further. She did, finally...hunger must have took over....

91792_102_9480.jpg

Lacy: I will stand here with my one foot up, until you let me in!!!

91792_102_9495.jpg

Gertie: My warmth will heat this rock up. I'm sure that white stuff will go away...soon?

91792_102_9485.jpg

Yeah, my chickens didn't want to come out when the snow first dusted the ground a few weeks back. Last night we finally got some accumulation and the only one brave enough to come out is the rooster. I can hear him clucking, I don't know if he's trying to coax my girls out of the coop or if he's complaining. The hens are all at their door just poking their heads out looking at him,
lol.png
lol.png
It's funny watching him try to walk in the snow, if he's having trouble now I can't wait until the real snow starts flying.
big_smile.png

Well I don't provide food and water in the coop, so they've all ventured out finally. Probably won't spend as much time foraging today, but the sun is melting what little blew into the run, so I'm guessing they'll spend much of the day in there. Funny stuff though, all the noise they are making
lol.png

I have a few of my hens that will flap and fly over what snow is on the ground till they find dry space. You can leave a trail of pine straw or hay to the feeders...they will appreciate it!

68634_dsc_0070-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom