Out my window I see...

I see a vast expanse of solid blue sky. Today the max temperature is 31. Rats, it's getting warm again, I'm going to roast :lol: We were in the twenties all of last week which was brilliant, but I suppose summer wants to get a last word in before it's ousted for another year. :p

I see all kinds of shades of grey now...sleeting rain and cold. windy too. Typical PNW winter/spring/fall day we see this weather more than any other kind. But it does have the feel of Spring in the smell of the air today...wishful thinking maybe.

Another day of unblemished blue sky, and it's heading for 34 degrees. *pulls up forecast to check for signs of impending respite*

Well tomorrow starts three days of moderate temperatures but we're back up again by Saturday. The forecast only does 7 days, but on next Monday's description it mentions the wind will be changing to south-westerly, with possible showers, which should mean a cooler Tuesday :D

Another day of unblemished blue sky, and it's heading for 34 degrees. *pulls up forecast to check for signs of impending respite*

Well tomorrow starts three days of moderate temperatures but we're back up again by Saturday. The forecast only does 7 days, but on next Monday's description it mentions the wind will be changing to south-westerly, with possible showers, which should mean a cooler Tuesday
big_smile.png
As you are winding down from your Summer we are looking forward to our Spring...It is so cool to talk to someone on the other side of the world. So do your days get shorter too? I used to live in Panama and we only had the rainy season and the dry season. I remember at one equinox or another the moon looking like it was filling up the whole sky. It was beautiful. Do you see a lot of stars and such in the sky at night? Are you far away for the city lights to see them like they show them in the pictures with the desert in the background? It looks like a bajillion stars. I would like to see pictures if you can post them.

Well tomorrow starts three days of moderate temperatures but we're back up again by Saturday. The forecast only does 7 days, but on next Monday's description it mentions the wind will be changing to south-westerly, with possible showers, which should mean a cooler Tuesday :D

As you are winding down from your Summer we are looking forward to our Spring...It is so cool to talk to someone on the other side of the world. So do your days get shorter too? I used to live in Panama and we only had the rainy season and the dry season. I remember at one equinox or another the moon looking like it was filling up the whole sky. It was beautiful. Do you see a lot of stars and such in the sky at night? Are you far away for the city lights to see them like they show them in the pictures with the desert in the background? It looks like a bajillion stars. I would like to see pictures if you can post them.

Spring is always a nice season, I like it too. It's good that things will be warming up for you soon!

It is cool to talk to people from everywhere, because the world has such a variety of different places. Our days get shorter, but the sun's still up until 5 at the height of winter, compared to nine or ten o'clock in summer. We have the four seasons, but autumn and spring both go by very quickly; they're more like transition states than actual seasons. The winter is long and the summer is long. Seasonal changes usually come as quite a shock, one week it was scorching and the next it's started raining and it's chilly in the mornings.

That moon does sound nice. I live in the suburbs of SA's capital city, so I guess I'm not that far away from the lights. :p At night we can see stars, but only the brightest ones, so pictures don't come out looking very spectacular (not helped by the fact that the only camera I have is about ten years old). I've been to the country on short holidays and camps with school before, when we could see the kind of "blanketed with stars" effect you're describing - the first time we saw some shooting stars as well. Haven't been out of cities for the past two or three years though, so I'm used to not seeing that many stars. :p

Well, the Crocuses aren't taking any chances, yet. But, even though the temp. was 5°F, with a wind chill at -8°F when I took this shot through dining room window, day before yesterday, the Eastern Bluebirds made their call on the turn of the seasons and have arrived.

Well, the Crocuses aren't taking any chances, yet. But, even though the temp. was 5°F, with a wind chill at -8°F when I took this shot through dining room window, day before yesterday, the Eastern Bluebirds made their call on the turn of the seasons and have arrived.
So pretty!

Those birds are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom