Over 10 months old, no eggs laid

BarbaraJean67

Songster
Aug 29, 2020
Northern California
My 10 1/2 month old bantam has not started laying eggs yet. Her 2 "coop mates" started in January. I hope she is female, there hasn't been any crowing.

Attachments

• 20240407_125646~2.jpg
    20240407_125646~2.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 42
Some are just slow to mature. Good news is she is definitely a she.
I'm glad she's a she. Even if she never lays an egg, she will have a home with her other feathered friends. I'm just confused as to why some never lay. She's healthy, has a safe place to sleep at night, she eats well and is able to free-range to her heart's content in a large backyard. 😊

My 10 1/2 month old bantam has not started laying eggs yet. Her 2 "coop mates" started in January. I hope she is female, there hasn't been any crowing.
Some are just late bloomers.

The last time I had a few like that, I raised my voice and told them to stop being freeloaders or I'd have them for dinner.

They started laying later that day! 😆

Some are just late bloomers.

The last time I had a few like that, I raised my voice and told them to stop being freeloaders or I'd have them for dinner.

They started laying later that day! 😆
Mine will jump onto my lap when I am sitting in a chair in the backyard. Maybe she thinks she's a cat 🤔 😻

I'm glad she's a she. Even if she never lays an egg, she will have a home with her other feathered friends. I'm just confused as to why some never lay. She's healthy, has a safe place to sleep at night, she eats well and is able to free-range to her heart's content in a large backyard. 😊
Could she be hiding them somewhere? They can also be sneaky that way.

15 years of raising chickens and last year I had a hen that figured out how to get into the attic of the coop to lay her eggs. That was a new one!

Back
Top Bottom