Owlet's Blog

My americauna rooster Teddy Bear will be the daddy so hopefully he adds some of his cuddley love to Owlet's snarky shyness
lau.gif

Or maybe I'll get chicks from her and Pheonix the RiR. If Pheonix survives that is.

July 22nd, 2016.

Owlet:

Guys... I'm not doing great. I had lice. And an ear infection. And the start of crossbeak.
Mum has mostly treated my lice but she can't get the eggs off. Do you guys have any suggestion for her?

She's been curing my ear too. And she's been trimming my beak back slowly so it doesn't cross.

Otherwise, life is great! We get let out to roam free every morning and eat grass.

My new friend Ginger is doing Ok too. She was sick for a while, but she's good now.

See you later!

Owlet

Thanks so much for this thread.. It gives me hope. Currently nursing (almost full time!) a baby Serama chick who is blind. I'm having the same difficulties you had with Owlet from the beginning.

I'm so happy for you that Owlet turned out ok! Is Owlet particularly close with you? I feel like my little Serama baby will be very close to me already- if she survives. She still has to figure out how to eat and drink on her own, plus not jump out of my hands and brooder! She is 2 1/2 weeks old. Doing great except for the learning of things. She is also a bit smaller than her hatch mates just like your little Owlet was her first weeks.

Your baby serama chick soundboard so sweet. Keep on nursing her and she'll get better.
I bet everyone will want to hear updates on your baby too. You can post some on here if you want:)
Yes, Owlet is super close to me. She's such a drama queen.

Guess what?
Lala's broody!! Should have babies in 16 days!!!!!
I'm counting down days till hatching time.
It can't come soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom