OXINE seems fabulous. Users please share usage, dosage, storage, etc.

I order Oxine from Revival animal health by the case and store bottles inside my storage room in house. My spray bottles are kept in my feed shed next to layer house ouut of direct sunlight and are opaque.. I use 1oz for my 500gallon molded duck pond as I fill it. 1/4oz in a tall spray bottle for disinfection and cleaning food and water containers before rinsing. 1/4 oz in tall spray bottle for cleaning inside poultry houses and shoes . I use Oxine only as preventive during wet weather periods in water (1oz to gallon then half eye dropper for each gallon jug). I use ac vinegar in the drinking water.I got. All my information on Oxine from EPA website, a couple of university websites, shagbark bantams etc.,. I've been incredibly lucky that I. Have not had ny mite or lice in any of my birds in 7 years. No loss of birds to disease in 5 years of using it. I have never bathed a bird with oxine in water but my ducks do their own thing.
Thank you for your detailed info. I have been researched the dilution ratio’s for days and kept getting more uncertain. Yours is clear and simple. I have chickens with white speckles on ears snd combs. Not sure what it is but am going to try this on them. Thanks again!

Thank you for your detailed info. I have been researched the dilution ratio’s for days and kept getting more uncertain. Yours is clear and simple. I have chickens with white speckles on ears snd combs. Not sure what it is but am going to try this on them. Thanks again!
Welcome To BYC
If you would like to share some photos of the chickens with the speckles on the ears and combs, describe any symptoms you see (lethargy, coughing/sneezing, mucous, etc.) we may be able to give you suggestions.

https://www.shagbarkbantams.com/the-many-uses-of-oxine-ah-animal-health/

Many questions are answered here: http://www.shagbarkbantams.com/oxine.htm
Remember, a gallon is 4 quarts, and 1 oz is 2 tablespoons. 1 tablespoon is 3 teaspoons.

I use the same dilution for shoes as the bottle says to use for disinfecting. The link above has suggestions for dilutions for fogging, etc. I'd not use it to "bathe" them in on a regular basis. It is not effective against lice or mites, only bacteria, mold and fungus. Nothing kills virus.
i keep coming back to this post to try and figure out mixing ratio for oxine and water for spraying the coop. I have read shagbarkbantams page about her process, but she does not give her ratios for fogging coop that she does weekly. Even looked at all her linked blogs posts on this.
‘’how much oxine do I mix with a gallon of water?

thanks for helping, this post of 1/8 teaspoon per gallon is for respiratory, I am looking for solution for general cleaning of coop with unactivated oxine. Oxine site really does not say point blank what solution should be. It does for activated solution. It’s says unactivated can be used but it’s not as effective. If using activated animals need to be removed.

I do see where “wild coffee homestead uses 1/4 oz in tall spray bottle for cleaning shoes and coops. I am going to go with this ratio for now.

thanks everyone

Help! A friend told me about Oxine to help fight a respiratory disease in my flock. She told me to add 1 tbs of unactivated Oxine to 1 gallon of drinking water. Is this too much? Did I hurt them further with this ratio? I also have 5.5 week old chicks that I am treating. I have a sick hen that I have isolated. I think she may have Mycoplasma. I am trying to find out if my vet can test her for it.

The one hen is the only one showing symptoms at this time. Is it futile trying to prevent the rest of the flock from coming down with it?

How much Oxine per gallon of water? How much Oxine mixed with water to spray down the coop and run?

Thanks
Feeling devastated...

Help! A friend told me about Oxine to help fight a respiratory disease in my flock. She told me to add 1 tbs of unactivated Oxine to 1 gallon of drinking water. Is this too much? Did I hurt them further with this ratio? I also have 5.5 week old chicks that I am treating. I have a sick hen that I have isolated. I think she may have Mycoplasma. I am trying to find out if my vet can test her for it.

The one hen is the only one showing symptoms at this time. Is it futile trying to prevent the rest of the flock from coming down with it?

How much Oxine per gallon of water? How much Oxine mixed with water to spray down the coop and run?

Thanks
Feeling devastated...
Do you have a thread about your pullet?

Mycoplasma symptoms usually can be treated with an antibiotic like Tylosin/Tylan and Tetracyclines.
Testing can be done through your state lab or you can use an independent lab like Zoologix.

Read both articles linked below if you are wanting to use Oxine.

https://shagbarkbantams.com/the-many-uses-of-oxine-ah-animal-health/
https://shagbarkbantams.com/upper-respiratory-fungal-infections-that-effect-chickens/

Do you have a thread about your pullet?

Mycoplasma symptoms usually can be treated with an antibiotic like Tylosin/Tylan and Tetracyclines.
Testing can be done through your state lab or you can use an independent lab like Zoologix.

Read both articles linked below if you are wanting to use Oxine.

https://shagbarkbantams.com/the-many-uses-of-oxine-ah-animal-health/
https://shagbarkbantams.com/upper-respiratory-fungal-infections-that-effect-chickens/
Thank you!

I used Oxine for two weeks and while my bird has gotten better, I still see her breathing with an open beak at times. I bought a fogger specifically for this. After doing more research, I came across a lot of literature that said that the particle size has to be 5 microns or less to get deep into the respiratory tract. The fogger I bought produces a minimum of 15 microns so I ordered a nebulizer that produces 5 micron particles. If this doesn't work then I'll probably pester one of my doctor friends for a lamisil prescription.

I will keep everyone updated.
Are you still around? Do you remember where you bought the 5 micron nebulizer?

Back
Top Bottom